Ultra sonic blind cleaning?

Name
R.J. Povio
I was at a house the other day and the lady had her horizontal blinds cleaned. She has had the same company do it for years. She showed me the bill. 5.50 a linear foot they charged. They did all the work take down, rehang and clean on site. They had an Ultrasonic cleaner tank in their vehicle. I was just curious if that is a going rate and if anyone else on MB does this sort of cleaning of window treatments and how successful it is? Ive always thought of adding this service as well as air duct cleaning as those are the 2 services I get asked to do that I do not offer.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have a cleaner that I refer that type of work out to, he is a little cheaperthan that but I would think the type of blind may make a difference in what you charge

there are only a couple of people here in town that do that type of work

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Not too many towns are big enough for two miniblind cleaning companies, just not enough demand. We quit cleaning them about eight years ago, and our price them was $5.50 per foot.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have an ultrasonic machine and we will do some from fire losses. It's not fool proof, leave it in the tank too long and you can damage the finish.

Easy to break the cord or the rods after they have sat in the sun for years. So you'll soon be skilled at restringing them and selling parts too.

We've had two or three different blind cleaning companies in the last 10-15 years but I don't think any of them are in business now. :shock:

A tough business if you ask me!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
We purchased the ultrasonic cleaning machines for our fire restoration business. The blind cleaning was more of a side-line. We did not promote this, just did jobs where clinets asked about the service.

Outside of the blinds we cleaned for fire jobs, we might have done a jobe per month on the average. Another company about 50 miles away began promoting blind cleaning and bringing us the blinds. We did not have to take down or put them up. We charged them $2 a foot and they charged $5 per foot with a $250 minimum charge.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom