Undercut By Hagopian!

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
I've Been in the Buisness in the Detroit Metro Area four over twenty Years I've never had higher prices than Hagopian on anything, But they Been advertising they'd clean a Sofa and 2 chairs for $59.99 :shock: I charge $65.00 for that, And thought that was rock bottom, Guess not. Some of you guys have made smart ass comments about my prices but. Now I'm not the low man on this one. Buisness must be slower than I thought in this area.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
"it will get WORSE".... :shock:

The "Big BOys"...are hitting the PeRvERbIaL WALL..... thathurts

When the VoLuMe...dissapears...The profit's follow shortly AFTER.... :oops:

The BIG BOYS....have a LINE-ITEM on their spreadsheats...called.."DEBT SERVICE".. :!:

They will do WHATEVER it takes...to cover the "NUT"... :wink:

Because the MINUTE...they can't....IT IS "GAME OVER"..... :cry:

Name
Lee Stockwell
Which Hagopian was it? That is lower than even my bdcc KY prices.

Maybe a catch? "Sofa up to 5ft, and two dinette chairs"

G

If they did do it for that price. How long would it take them from the time they pulled up to the house and leaving?

We have several here that clean 5 rooms, sofa, and loveseat for 99 dollars and don't even upsell. They are fine with that price. I always assumed they were bait and switch but they aren't. They also aren't professional either. I would like to see their work.

59.99 is just to get their foot in the door. Then they push everything including the truck at the customer.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
HARPER said:
"it will get WORSE".... :shock:

The "Big BOys"...are hitting the PrEveRbIaL WALL..... thathurts

When the VoLuMe...dissapears...The profit's follow shortly AFTER.... :oops:

The BIG BOYS....have a LINE-ITEM on their spreadsheats...called.."DEBT SERVICE".. :!:

They will do WHATEVER it takes...to cover the "NUT"... :wink:

Because the MINUTE...they can't....IT IS "GAME OVER"..... :cry:

I think it's probably on for the slow season, But they have radio commercials all over the place, Of course featuring our buddy Ken.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
danielc said:
We have several here that clean 5 rooms, sofa, and loveseat for 99 dollars and don't even upsell. They are fine with that price. I always assumed they were bait and switch but they aren't. They also aren't professional either. I would like to see their work.

59.99 is just to get their foot in the door. Then they push everything including the truck at the customer.

I guess Ken can fill us in with the details.

Name
Nate W.
Ken Snow said:
It is $59.99 for a sofa or 2 chairs guys, not and 2 chairs guys.

59.99 will get you all of 2LF cleaned from me. :lol:

What's your guys average time from pull up to down the road Ken?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Almost all clients who have furniture cleaned are also doing carpet~ we rarely do a furniture only job. When they are doing both, one man is working on the carpet and the other the futrniture. Most sofa's are able to be cleaned in a half hour or less dependng on con struction etc.. Losse back cushions and all toss pillows are extra. Jobs that have furniture have an average ticket of over 200$ due to additional cleaning.

Chris A

Name
Chris
everfresh1 said:
I've Been in the Buisness in the Detroit Metro Area four over twenty Years I've never had higher prices than Hagopian on anything.

That's amazing, how have you managed to do that for 20 years and not have 25 trucks on the road? You must have an amazing amount of business sense to be able to stay so small...

Name
Bruce
everfresh1 said:
I've Been in the Buisness in the Detroit Metro Area four over twenty Years I've never had higher prices than Hagopian on anything, But they Been advertising they'd clean a Sofa and 2 chairs for $59.99 :shock: I charge $65.00 for that, And thought that was rock bottom, Guess not. Some of you guys have made smart ass comments about my prices but. Now I'm not the low man on this one. Buisness must be slower than I thought in this area.
So you really didn't get undercut , your prices are still rock bottom.

dgargan

His web site states a sofa and a love seat for $56.95? How does a one man operation stay in business with those prices? I'm not judging, I'm just trying to understand it from a business standpoint.

-JB-

Name
JB
Ken,
Knowing you know how much profit your company makes, does it seem feasible to you that a "one man show" could compete based on that same business model and make a "good" (I know define good) living or a reasonable profit doing the same?

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Bruce Humphrey said:
everfresh1 said:
So you really didn't get undercut , your prices are still rock bottom.

:oops: Well thats good, I guess, But I still say Hagopians prices are lower than I've ever seen them. I could have sworn he said sofa and two chairs on the commercial next time I'll listion real close maybe he said the OR, real low or something. I've even had a couple of customers tell me Hagopian does sofa AND two chairs for $59.99. :roll: Oh and I also charge extra for loose back coushions :mrgreen:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
2 things I can't comprehend

Ken Snow said:
Most sofa's are able to be cleaned in a half hour or less dependng on con struction etc.

I've been doing this for 30 years and I can't effectively clean a 3 cushion sofa in under an hour with a 4 inch detailer. Is there a secret or am I doing something wrong?

everfresh1 said:
I charge $65.00 for that
I can't and won't start my van for less than 75 bucks and that's with a much lower overhead as a POG. How much upsell do you have to do? Do you charge extra for things like prespray etc?

I'm not slamming, but I am curious as the answers might add to my profitability.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Marty.
Pay attention!

Brian already subs for Hagopian.

After all the middlemen your profit will be -12%.
You read it right minus 12%.
And that my friend is genius of their business plan.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Willy P said:

[quote="Ken Snow":2d8u6b1e] Most sofa's are able to be cleaned in a half hour or less dependng on con struction etc.

I've been doing this for 30 years and I can't effectively clean a 3 cushion sofa in under an hour with a 4 inch detailer. Is there a secret or am I doing something wrong?

everfresh1 said:
I charge $65.00 for that
I can't and won't start my van for less than 75 bucks and that's with a much lower overhead as a POG. How much upsell do you have to do? Do you charge extra for things like prespray etc?

I'm not slamming, but I am curious as the answers might add to my profitability.[/quote:2d8u6b1e]
No secret.
They just clean with the 14" GreenHorn wand, Greenie's special addition sofa detailer.
"Lay them cushions on the carpet Mam. Put on your rain coat and please step back."

Chris A

Name
Chris
Talk about arm chair quarterbacks... the owner operator giving business advice to the business owner.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
To put it to rest please, here are the 10, 15, 30 & 60 second ads running now for in home cleaning. John, I have crews that bring in over 300k annually so I would say yes a darn good living can be made- and they make one too.

These ads were cut in January 09 and we actually had raised our prices in july of 08, so these are current not lower prices.

1/09 - It’s Your Home
60s, 30s, 15s Radio Spots

LOC0109-YourHome-60
When someone invites Hagopian Cleaning Services into their home - we think it’s a big deal! After all - it’s your home! You want someone coming in who’ll treat you and your belongings with care. That’s Hagopian.

How do we know we’re doing it right? Because of comments like these:

I was amazed by the work the crew did. I’ve recommended them to my family and look forward to having Chris and Nick in my home again.

Your crew did an excellent job. I've had other companies come out who don't compare. Hats off to Mike and Kevin

Joe was very patient with my son, who asked a thousand questions. I really appreciate his great work and his kindness when he was in my home.

Now you might think that for all our service and attention - Hagopian would be expensive - but we're not. Just call 1-800 Hagopian and we’ll clean 4 rooms of carpet for only $99.99. That’s 4 rooms for only $99.99. We’ll also clean 2 rooms or a sofa or 2 chairs for only $59.99

So if you want the company that really cares about your home, Call 1800- Hagopian today. That’s 1 800 HAG OP IAN.

Hagopian - expect the best - expect the purple truck

LOC0109-YourHome-30

When someone invites Hagopian Cleaning Services into their home - we think it’s a big deal! After all - it’s your home! That’s why at Hagopian - we make sure you and your home get the care you deserve.

Now with our great service you might think Hagopian would be expense - but we're not. We’ll clean 4 rooms of carpet for only $99.99. Or 2 rooms, a sofa or 2 chairs for only $59.99

So if you want the company that cares about your home almost as much as you do - Just call 1-800 Hagopian today. That’s 1800-HAG OP IAN.

Hagopian - expect the best - expect the purple truck.

LOC0109-YourHome-15
Want the carpet cleaning company that cares about your home almost as much as you do? - Just call 1800-Hagopian today and get 4 rooms of carpet cleaned for only $99.99. We’ll also clean 2 rooms, a sofa or 2 chairs for only $59.99

Call 1 800 Hagopian today.

New Loc :10 (with sell)

Call 1 800 Hagopian today to get 2 rooms of carpet cleaned for $49.90, or 5 rooms for only $99.95. That's 1 800 Hagopian!

Ken
Ps Yes they are done with my voice

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ken Snow said:
To put it to rest please, here are the 15, 30 & 60 second ads running now for in home cleaning. John, I have crews that bring in over 300k annually so I would say yes a darn good living can be made- and they make one too.

These ads were cut in January 09 and we actually had raised our prices in july of 08, so these are current not lower prices.

1/09 - It’s Your Home
60s, 30s, 15s Radio Spots

LOC0109-YourHome-60
When someone invites Hagopian Cleaning Services into their home - we think it’s a big deal! After all - it’s your home! You want someone coming in who’ll treat you and your belongings with care. That’s Hagopian.

How do we know we’re doing it right? Because of comments like these:

I was amazed by the work the crew did. I’ve recommended them to my family and look forward to having Chris and Nick in my home again.

Your crew did an excellent job. I've had other companies come out who don't compare. Hats off to Mike and Kevin

Joe was very patient with my son, who asked a thousand questions. I really appreciate his great work and his kindness when he was in my home.

Now you might think that for all our service and attention - Hagopian would be expensive - but we're not. Just call 1-800 Hagopian and we’ll clean 4 rooms of carpet for only $99.99. That’s 4 rooms for only $99.99. We’ll also clean 2 rooms or a sofa or 2 chairs for only $59.99

So if you want the company that really cares about your home, Call 1800- Hagopian today. That’s 1 800 HAG OP IAN.

Hagopian - expect the best - expect the purple truck

LOC0109-YourHome-30

When someone invites Hagopian Cleaning Services into their home - we think it’s a big deal! After all - it’s your home! That’s why at Hagopian - we make sure you and your home get the care you deserve.

Now with our great service you might think Hagopian would be expense - but we're not. We’ll clean 4 rooms of carpet for only $99.99. Or 2 rooms, a sofa or 2 chairs for only $59.99

So if you want the company that cares about your home almost as much as you do - Just call 1-800 Hagopian today. That’s 1800-HAG OP IAN.

Hagopian - expect the best - expect the purple truck.

LOC0109-YourHome-15
Want the carpet cleaning company that cares about your home almost as much as you do? - Just call 1800-Hagopian today and get 4 rooms of carpet cleaned for only $99.99. We’ll also clean 2 rooms, a sofa or 2 chairs for only $59.99

Call 1 800 Hagopian today.

New Loc :10 (with sell)

Call 1 800 Hagopian today to get 2 rooms of carpet cleaned for $49.90, or 5 rooms for only $99.95. That's 1 800 Hagopian!

Ken
Ps Yes they are done with my voice

"Jiminey Cricket's".....there (KOJ).... :shock:
"When is the"fIrE-sAlE" scheduled on those BUTLERS..." :wink:

harryhides

Name
Tony
Willy P said:

[quote="Ken Snow":3drgapxc] Most sofa's are able to be cleaned in a half hour or less dependng on con struction etc.

I can't and won't start my van for less than 75 bucks and that's with a much lower overhead as a POG. [/quote:3drgapxc]

Willy, with a 2 man crew and a truckmount working in a house, the set up is much faster than with a Porty. I agree that SOME sofas will take a hour and more but there are many that can easily be done in 30 mins even without using Darlene's wanding tecnique for sofas.
Just the question of do you pre-vac a sofa or not will affect each operators times. Those sand, soaked Floridian mamas and their goats coming right off the beach pretty guarantee a pre-vacuuming in some places.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom