Uniforms, van apperance and company image.

Ryan

So I've been revamping everything with my cc business for this spring. Right now my "uniform" is just a blue polo with my logo on it, and a pair of jeans.

How many of you guys wear khakis? And what are your uniforms like? I'm trying to work hard on my company image to offset my age. I do a great Job and have never had a complaint (knock on wood) but I still have a hard time convincing people of that.

Is there anything else you guys do to work on your companys image? I'm having a local guy make me a chemical/heat resistant decal for the front of my wand... idk how much that matters, but it sure looks badazz!

What do you guys think of my van? I've have got several compliments (from women) on it so I fell like I'm ok there lol. I upsell a lot of upholstery cleaning just from them reading the side of it :D. Havn't sold a tile job from them noticing the van yet though.

rhino.jpg

Sorry about the pic quality its off my old phone. Anyone know where I can get some wheel simulators for a Chevy Express? I did a seach and didn't come up with anything.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I've always had a polo with the logo and decent looking van with vinyl. As far as pants, kacki's in the winter but only when it's too cold otherwise shorts.

Albert

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Kacki's on installs or Cleaning.. Less chance of blue dye crocking from Jeans. Espcielly on white installs or on cleaning jobs of lighter carpets!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have polo shirts with the logo, un tucked. Most of us wear jeans or blue work pants. I tried kakis last week and my knes and everything else were dirty as heck

Name
Nate W.
joeynbgky said:
I have polo shirts with the logo, un tucked. Most of us wear jeans or blue work pants. I tried kakis last week and my knes and everything else were dirty as heck

You walk on your feet not knees. :lol:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
You walk on your feet not knees. :lol:[/quote]

Im a hands on guy... I smell peoples carpet for them, you name it. I also sometimes clean apartments, ovens and stuff when one of my girls calls out.

Name
Nate W.
joeynbgky said:
You walk on your feet not knees. :lol:

Im a hands on guy... I smell peoples carpet for them, you name it. I also sometimes clean apartments, ovens and stuff when one of my girls calls out.[/quote]

I also wear blue polo shirts and khakis pants. But not any ordinary khaki pants, it's the water resistant ones. I also kneel down, but I keep myself clean for the most part. :lol:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
We wear blue polo's with logo. We wear black jeans when cleaning. Hides the dirt for the day. I choose jeans cuz everytime I try cotton/poly they rip in the seams. During the summer I wear black semi-dress shorts.

I wear Kaki when doing sales or attending BNI with a button down oxford with logo.

Name
I'm Rick James
I have a green polo with logo. I wear light colored dicki's, They are hard to stain wrinkle free and last. Ditch the blue jeans, they are not professional. You want to avoid the "guy off the street look".

Professional shoes, here no sneakers.

bonesheal

That's a good-looking van. I don't know how old you are, but you should be able to use it to your advantage. Develop a reputation for working harder, going further than the old coots are capable of. I think the only thing us old guys have on you is maybe knowing our market a little better. 15 years ago it would have been hard for me to hand someone a bill for $500.

I wear a polo or button-down short sleeved shirt (with logo) & khakis, shorts in the summer.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
FCC said:
Everyone who can see the pics is currently logged into TEE EMM EFFF.........................

couldn't see them.....took me a sec to figure it out

Busted. Traitors. :oops:

Name
Nate W.
Ron Werner said:
Black polo with racing flag style trim
embroidered name and logo and IICRC Master
Black pleated almost a dress pant, but made of polyester, breath nice and allow lots of motion
white runners

It's ok to wear white Ron, you not fat. :D

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I second the Dickies work pants. I wear blue with a grey Polo style shirt with embroidered logo. Looks good and the Dickies last forever. If I don't loose some weight I may have to go untucked soon though. :roll:

Ryan

Yikes lol I was too lazy to rehost it. Thanks Fred.

Thanks for all the compliments on the Van guys and thanks for posting your uniforms. I'm proud of it :D I designed the splash myself.

bonesheal;
I'm 19 but I have absoulty no problem handing someone a bill for $500... or $1500 or $3500 shiteatinggrin (large commerical VCT)

Are you guys buying your employees uniforms outright, splitting the cost, or making them buy them?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Ron Werner":3hunjrd2]Black polo with racing flag style trim
embroidered name and logo and IICRC Master
Black pleated almost a dress pant, but made of polyester, breath nice and allow lots of motion
white runners

It's ok to wear white Ron, you not fat. :D[/quote:3hunjrd2]
White is a bugger for keeping clean, esp if using a diesel power plant.
now that mine is propane I can switch colours. Black still hides a lot.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm glad you asked about wheel covers

it's like wearing a nice clean, well coordinated shirt and pants with a pair of raggedy , dirty tennis shoes

don't bother with a vinyl sticker on your wand....unless you plan to buy lots of them and change 'em regular and often ....cause they're get raggedy looking pretty quick

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I triple the Dickies work pants, they last forever and look just as sharp as khakis with a tucked in polo. Avoid wearing a hat, it usually makes a man look younger. (23 year old cleaner trying to hide his age as well.)

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Black dickies with the extra leg pocket, black logo'd t-shirt, black polo over it, black with green line reebok jacket logo'd, black hat with logo and black converse with logo and tan soles. Black Box truck with logo, spotter bottles with logo and now on the back of my t-shirts is the website so when I go to the gym etc people see it. I need to take new pictures when I changed the website I had the truck detailed and changed the website address.
xtremebusinesscard1.gif

Picture248.jpg

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Ryan, thanks for taking the chance/risk to ask people.

I am curious what Rhino Clean says to you, or more importantly a prospect, and how that is communicated to someone seeing an ad on your truck. The Rhino looks angry to me and not something that would likely make a woman feel comfortable with it.

The water also doesn't seem to tie into anything, especially since there is nothing about water damage restoration on the truck.

I like that you say what you do, but perhaps using a bold color would be better as you have everything on a white van with blue & white reversed lettering, with the exception of the red phopne number. It all looks a little boring to me & the water doesn't connect.

I would sugest you pay a graphic designer a few hundred dollars to come up with a look that can be used not onlky on vehicles, but also for your logo & artwork on shirts, in ads etc. I believe it will really pay off for you in the long run.

Respectfully
Ken

Ryan

Thanks for the advice Ken. I hired a graphic designer to do my Rhino Clean logo. I will be sure to hire one when I add my second van. I'm thinking about taking the "wrap" route the second time. I was going for a clean feel with the water and white lettering. Blue gives the customer a sense of comfort and security (according to my art and sociology proffersors lol). I've been called ryno by my local community for a long time so it makes sense to people in my home town. Even people who don't understand why its called Rhino Clean tend to remember the name.

P.S. Go answer my direct mailing thread :)

Jerry

Supportive Member
As far as wheels go, you can find a set of factory chrome wheels off of a 3/4 ton pickup, or the aluminum HD wheels off of a pickup, they are cheap and look good

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom