Up Selling

Cameron1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to be a decent dollar amount for weekly upsells for a truck with say, 15 jobs per week ? In other words, if you are going to do 15-18 jobs this week what kind of daily average in dollar amounts should be the norm ?

Cameron1

hehehe........ that was funny.

Marty, just share your own thoughts about up sells. You know , a up sell is when you add $$$$$$ to the customer's invoice.

Name
I'm Rick James
I think $70-$125 per job add on average is good and very reasonable. If you have tech you can reward them if they maintain a certain add of avg per job.

steve r

Big Pappa said:
I think $70-$125 per job add on average is good and very reasonable. If you have tech you can reward them if they maintain a certain add of avg per job.

hell thats what i get per job.if i could get that as an dd on id retire in 5 years.

TimP

My smallest job today paid like 178. Only could squeeze 2 jobs in today. However today was a pretty awesome day for me!!

Cameron1

Big Pappa,
Even though it is hard to take you seriously because of your profile, I will give you the benefit of the doubt, and try to answer your question.

After 30 years in the Business, I have truly Mastered the art of the Up sell. The problem arises when I try to teach my crews this same expertize.
I have one Lead tech. that has been averaging almost 150.00 per day in up sells. but he is only 23 and had experience when I hired him 2 months ago. He is just a born Salesman.

My other lead techs are marginal at best when it comes to up sells. My best efforts in working with them in up sells only result in temporary increases. As soon as I turn my attention to other areas the sales drop off.

I was just trying to see what other people expect from their Techs.

glenboy,
that was a well thought out post

Able 1

Name
Keith
I don't up sell at all and I know that is at least 30,000 of missed revenue I just don't like to pressure people.

I was going to try a little harder this year but instead I book my jobs closer together. Instead of making money spraying protectant I spend it filling the gas tank.

Just kind of stuck in my ways, I guess.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Do you sell more drive and ambition i have alot but always could use more?

I do need to take a seminar on how to sell protectant though not vary good at all.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Too many variables there Steve. When we low balled prices and did not sell on the phone our Techs would double most calls.
Now with higher prices and more upsell on the phone, the Techs don't do so well.

Frankly we don't care about upsell much as long as they hit 1k per day.

Never mind Odin, he's just parroting what he learned from Dan Taylor - really quite unethical IMO.

Cameron1

obie 1,
if you have invested wisely, yes, you will make money while you s....

cbd
why don't you ever have anything positive to contribute ? From what I understand most of these Guru's have a money back guarantee, do you ?

In all your infinite wisdom, why don't you produce a Marketing manual to help all us poor souls ? It seems you know so damn much.

Were you just born a negative person or did Joe ruin your life ?

Oh, and by the way, please give up the attempt at humor..............it just ain't working for ya.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I do not upsell but I am going to make an effort to. The problem I have is almost everyday I have couches, chairs and rarely in comparison tile & Grout added on. I think quality detail work is the best sales force you have. I find myself running late for jobs every few days after leaving extra time.

Yesterday I have 3 jobs and first job wanted to add a tile bathroom and a sofa makeing me 15 late to mys next job. (I was still in my half hour window)
Second job added sofa, loveseat, chair and ottoman. (made me late for my third job just inside my window)
Third job wanted to add sofa and 2 chairs which I didn't have time for. I build extra time in job for extra rooms or a piece of furniture but it is starting to get ridiculous. That is why I am going to push the scotchguard to tap them out of money before they can add the furniture.

What other addons are you guys doing?

breathe72

steve said:
why don't you ever have anything positive to contribute ?
Were you just born a negative person or did Joe ruin your life ?

No, he's just another has-been POS.

Greenie

One secret to making time = glided 10" stair wand on your next couch.

As for selling protector, what is the big deal, Mam' would you like to renew your scotchgard, it's gradually worn away with traffic and cleaning?

I'd rather be spritzing at .15 a foot than pushing wand at .30.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
glided 10 inch stair tool sure beats the hell out of my 3.75inch inserted jet upholstery tools. Will the glided stairtool overwet? Is it on your website? sorry to get off topic.

I just spend way too much time trying to get perfection and have to find some faster just as good ways of getting it done. It isn't about making more money(it should be) it is about shortening the day

Name
I'm Rick James
Re: What would you expect

Steve,

My name is Brent, I kinda got the nickname from www.vanholtenpickles.com. Because of my last name. I am real. I understand what you are saying about teaching techs. I have trained ALOT of people in my years. It is important to set goals for them on a daily, weekly and yearly.
I have created a add on chart that helps techs maintain their high level of sales and goals I don't mind sharing with you, unless you have learned everything in 30 years of cleaning. You do understand when they reach their goals they need to be rewarded, not with money. Movie tickets, gift cards the list goes on. You know your techs make it something they would be interested in and make it fun. [/color]

Damn I just burned my Mac and Cheese.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom