UPDATE of my problems with Jeff (greenie) Lydon

lance

Here's an update.....

The machine is at the warehouse and Jeff is working on it. It has some engine problems that he did not tell me about. There was trouble getting a replacement altanator (I was never told about that either.)

All this info came from a mutual friend of ours here on the board. Jeff did not call me and talk to me (take that for what's worth.)

I still don't think I am out of line for getting mad at no returned phone calls, no info about what is going on, and that it has been six months since he "started working on it."

I want to say thanks to all the replies here. You have given me a lot of ideas and I have to say that I am thinking of getting some other TM as I don't know how to fix them myself. If I lived up in N. CAlif then I could take it to Jeff and get it fixed and know that my money is being well spent doing that.

Also, I want to tell everyone that CMS is not connected in any way with my problems with Jeff or this TM. Greenie owns it and I am only dealing with him directly (at least trying to). Everyone at CMS has been very patient with me and understanding and they seem to have great customer service. I hope that no one thinks that they were part of my problems......they never have been.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
i don't mean to sound like a total dick...but I'll never understand why u guys air yer dirty laundry on a website...if I got screwed (or whatever the real story is) I'd find the guy and take it up with him...this is somewhat gay

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Lance;

The important thing is to get the TM up and running, in good shape.

It does seem to be taking longer than normal . . .

but if it is reliable when you receive it, it will be the best outcome.

Better communication would be helpful.

Larry

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Bee Busy said:
i don't mean to sound like a total dick...but I'll never understand why u guys air yer dirty laundry on a website...if I got screwed (or whatever the real story is) I'd find the guy and take it up with him...this is somewhat gay

Maybe this post will save someone else from getting burned by the same guy.

The personal stuff - ya we could tone down, but people buying crap, getting robbed, etc - let it fly, it's a small world in our industry, doesn't take long to weed out the trash when it's aired like this one.

lance

Thank you Mr. Cobb, you are right. I need a TM but not calling me and not keeping me updated was the worst thing.

Actually taking so long to get it fixed has given me a better understanding of my situation and the point made by so many people who know more than me........that is, a TM has to be in good shape and running in order to make money. One that breaks down often is ALOT more expensive than a higher priced machine that doesn't break down.

And I agree with Anthony, that maybe this will help other cleaners who find themselves about to get in the same situation. I am glad that Dave Gill was able to post that he too, had a bad experience with Jeff not answering his phone calls. There is nothing you can do and feeling powerless is a very bad feeling.

I also have to say that my wife is happier now that some progress is being made. This whole thing has stressed her out a lot.

lance

Busy Bee, your not a jerk. It's just your opinion and you are welcome to it.

I tried really hard to keep any drama out.....that is why I just stated facts about the problem. It made me feel better and warned other cleaners about someone who might not always do what they say they will.

And it accomplished more in one day than I was able to accomplish in almost a month. Have your wife or girlfriend promise to make you your favorite meal or (fill in the blank) for six months and then get back to us how stressed out you are about the promises that never come true. Or a customer who says they will pay a big bill, but it never happens.

Having a problem with Jeff was the last thing I ever wanted to happen. Also remember that starting my business has been in limbo for the past six months. That's not fun.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Bee Busy said:

This is obviously because you have never had to deal with a person/company who really doesn't GAS about you, ie. Powerclean, Greenie......... After being put through the grief of chasing down some asshole who is suppose to be "serving" you, and not getting any response, you might have a different attitude about it. Believe me, I went through it for 2 years.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Seems like airing it out a little here got some results.

I wouldn't bring it here at first either...but if I'm getting the cold shoulder after attempts to get it right.....Yeah, I'm bringing it here to.

It might help solve the issue

It might help save some other guy from being screwed if screwing were the case.

Kind of a jury issure here as well.....We tend to bring more sides to the story and help figure it out.
Opinions of what should be done etc...options of measures to take etc.

Not a bad idea......Just shouldn't be the first idea.

S

sam miller

The real issue os that you waited 6 months! I now how frustrating it can be to wait a week or two for something like collecting on a bad check.

Lance actually was more patient then anybody here in these dealing IMHO I would of freaked along time ago.

Still You probably could have bought a used machine for what your spending that works so thats a hard lesson learned.

Even if Greenie was the best person that machine needs way to much work to be a real viable day to day option.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Doug Cox said:
[quote="Bee Busy":3qwxa8qw]i don't mean to sound like a total dick...but I'll never understand why u guys air yer dirty laundry on a website...if I got screwed (or whatever the real story is) I'd find the guy and take it up with him...this is somewhat gay

This is obviously because you have never had to deal with a person/company who really doesn't GAS about you, ie. Powerclean, Greenie......... After being put through the grief of chasing down some asshole who is suppose to be "serving" you, and not getting any response, you might have a different attitude about it. Believe me, I went through it for 2 years.[/quote:3qwxa8qw]

I 2nd that statement. I had an issue with a heat exchanger I bought off ebay for $795 from Blue Baron in Florida. It wound up costing me over $1000 in the end and it did not fit in my Performer. It was only through dilligence and the court of public opinoin (boards) over a that the manufacturer finally relented to his error. It took a year to resolve the issue. Over that time I found many other people who that vendor screwed.

IMHO It is a form of public service to help us all be aware of who to not do business with, as wall as the many great vendors our industry has.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
lance said:
I am glad that Dave Gill was able to post that he too, had a bad experience with Jeff not answering his phone calls.

I think most of us that have dealt with Greenie have had this issue and yes Bill you are a dick!! !gotcha!

Steve Manier

Lance, I don't mean to stir the pot but in the other thread, according to Mikey, you knew that greenie was "unstable" and you argued that he was fine and went ahead and gave him your $$$??? So now you're warning everyone else? How long has he had your money? I have seen you say 6 months, a year, and a year and a half... Did he already have your money when it first came about that he was screwing people?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom