Upgarding an '06 Legend XL

I read about beefing up the vacuum tank with a second vac port and using 2.5" hose. I currently run a preconnected reel only use 2" hose(200'). I like having the pre-connected reel. It saves me a lot of time. Is there much benefit from using one section of 2.5 as the first section on the reel and changing the short section of hose connecting the vac tank to the reel to 2.5" also?

Thanks!

Eric Ramacciotti

MerCrewser

With a legend? No IMO. I wouldn't run a pre connected reel either. You need some decent CFM to justify 2.5. I don't do either with my Performer.

Greenie

Live reel is killing your vacuum.

Yes you will notice a vacuum increase with 2.5", you will notice it the most on the longer runs.
Hook up 100' of 2.5" and 100' of 2", and tell me if you don't notice the difference.

While you are at it, turn up the rpms 2-300, and tighten your relief spring to 15"hg, no problem as long as you run a glided wand.

Be prepared to cut your drying time.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Greenie, I was just repairing a broken throttle cable on my Legend last week and seriously wondered about trying to lift the revs a bit.

Is there a safe way to do it?

Without a rev counter, how do you know how far to go?

Does the engine have a built in governor?

Or am I just being paranoid?

Is it as simple as unlocking the locking nut and winding the long bolt in to connect earlier?

Have you ever heard of a PC spring relief valve breaking and being sucked into and totalling a blower?

A guy here running a 04 PEAK had that happen and the insurance assessor denied the claim... don't know on what grounds.

John

Name
Lee Stockwell
Every machine should have a tachometer. Tiny tach makes it easy, and includes an hour meter as well for about $40us

MerCrewser

I would think a Legend runs at full governed revs. I wouldn't mess with it, just buy a bigger machine. If it is a Briggs air cooled engine, it is definitely governed. It was designed to operate a certain way, start messing with it, and you will have problems. Buy a used performer.

Back
Top Bottom