upholstery and spotting

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
What machines do you guys like for doing say one chair or a coffee spill?

Are there any spotting machines that have enough power to also do upholstery or am I better off just getting a used portable?

I've lost a few jobs right near my house cause people didn't want to pay my $75 minimum. I went right from a gls to a truck mount, I guess I better get something small for these situations. Thanks

Scott Rogers

a 75 min is a fair charge. If they are too cheap to pay that, then do you really want them as customers.

Go to the supermarket and add up the cost to rent a machine and all the chems they would need. add up time and gas. Then factor in your education and experience. 75.00 is a bargain.

Name
Bruce
Joel are you saying that you will get a porty and lower your min when using that porty?

After your customers find out they can get it done cheaper with the portable they will request you use the portable.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Good points above, thats what I thought but then again fifty bucks is fifty bucks especially in slow season. Plus Im still trying to get the cleaning end of business rolling and the more jobs I do the more my name gets out, at least in the beginning. Its like a form of advertising.

Josh Adler

Take into consideration what YOUR time is worth. The education that you have had to go through....and what most people overlook "Future Maintenance" . I would never go lower then $75.00 period

Djrosselli

Don't panick

Stick to the $75 dollar minimum charge. With the cost of doing business it's hard to charge less even on a spot cleaning call.

Get a small portable and use it for spot, carpet & upholstery cleaning as needed.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
welp, while all my friends would suggest you stay home over 25 bukz
(the difference in a $75 and $50)

I'd suggest you roll out your damn hoses and make fiddy bukz if you need it, instead of making NOTHING !!!

and dig this, you're new, hungry and looking to build a loyal custy base.
What if they call another hot shot HUNGRY start up and they impress Ms Phiff MORE than you?

You just lost a custy (or a chance to gain one) over a measly 25 bones

That new HUNGRY hot shot start up may not of listened to, or heard all the eXpeRtz and went out to spot and schmooze for $50.

If it's a custy you've cleaned for before, (and they're worth keeping)
I'd say you'd be nutz to take a chance of losing them over $25 clams

as far as porties in general, they take just as much as time (or more) to unload, set up and fill as it would to set up a TM.

..L.T.A.

steve r

i would think you could be faster with the truckmount and save your money. you already have what you need.
by all means cater to your customers. try to do it while your in the area to save time and money.

Name
R.J. Povio
there is now way i would go the portable route especially now that you have a truckmount. TMs are the absolute quickest/most efficient way to clean furniute and or just spots. Hands down

I wouldnt lower your min charge, however if you need to pay your bills take the advice above (some money is def better than no money).
They only people that complain of a min 75 buck job are the small jobs anyway. I never get the 125-400 dollar jobs complaining of a min 75 charge.

Also if people complain of your min charge, just tell them that you could probably clean the whole area/or piece of furniture where the spot is for the min charge. That will "sweeten" the deal a little. I have said that and it has worked. Or you could clean another small area and the spot for the min charge. Be flexible but dont get taken advantage of.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom