upholstery cleaning

G

Who else here hates cleaning upholstery? I can't be the only one!
The only reason I will clean upholstery now is when I'm feeling desperate for money.

I feel it takes way too long and by the time I'm half way through I can't help thinking, "I could have cleaned all this carpet by now and collecting the check. Instead I'm still crawling around on the floor cleaning this ugly sofa." But the main reason I don't push upholstery cleaning is the wear on my body. My hands, wrists and back hurt for almost a week afterwards. I use a Prochem tool and it seems like I have to squeeze the daylights out of it to work. My old Prochem tool was like that too.

What do you use?

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
Drymaster uses a lot of water but no trigger to use and we clean a lot of furniture ever week..
Ps charge more it makes it a lot easier. !gotcha!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Drimaster tool and the freedom tool pmf internal jet. If I need to control my water I use the latter but the dimaster works great for no having to trigger on and off. And will keep the heat up as well.

G

:|

Me too. I'll let you know what it's like. :lol:

By the way, I charge $90 min. for a 7' sofa. Is that low IYO?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Yeah... But hey, you know your market better than I do. I'm at $135 for a sofa, $95 for a love seat, $75 for a recliner & $60 for a chair. Fabric Protector included...

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Our prices are more in line with his^^

cleaing upholstery is hard word regardless of what super truckmount you have.. charge accordingly.

Ryan

I don't really like doing upholstery, but its my easiest up sale. I do it on maybe 50% of my jobs.

Its no fun but I likes the moneys!!

N

nwhmbiz

Frickin hate it! Walked from a sectional yesterday that had 100 throw pillows and a ton of cat hair, customer asked if I could guarantee total hair removal, I said absolutely not. She said how much I said $300 she says another company will do it for $100. I SAY WHY DID YOU CALL ME? Better call that other company. C-YA

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Josh, i think $90 is a good price for a sofa...not too high, and can be done (for me) in 45mins-1hr. I'm with you...upholstery sucks! I can't imagine how anyone can "enjoy" cleaning uph. It is definetly back breaking and will take it's toll. I use the dri-master (newer model) and LOVE IT....but it does go thru a lot of solution.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
hand scrub and drymaster. I do top quality work my man

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
it no longer takes me an hour and it usually involves 3 pieces and carpet. If I just went to do a couch within 5-10 miles it would be $75

I married well:) and I screwed up I just looked and I bumped it $10 a piece a few eeks ago. I did let a couple fly through this week by accident at $55

Chris A

Name
Chris
$95 Sofa, $74 Love seat, $52 Chair, I don't vac 'em unless their loaded up with hair. Most of the time less than 45 minutes for a full sized sofa unless its really FU.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Matt Murdock said:
I love doing upholstery. I have learned to fly through it and I only charge $55 sofa, 445 loveseat and $35 Chair

Think I'd push the lv seats then, fo-sho......cause I'd sure LOVE doing them at that price.. :wink:

upl isn't one of our favorite tasks, that's for sure
come to think of it, slogging a wand all day isn't a great deal of "fun" either
can't say I enjoy cleaning out a sec 8 joint, or scrubbing a stove or toilet
and pulling urine contaminated carpet and pad has never been high on the whoop-tee-doo scale

but ever since I busted up my ankle 18 years ago, i don't have the "moves" I once did...so the Chippendales laid me off
and the Wal-Mart greeter position has a long list of applicants ahead of me

so what's a body to do.... ???

...L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom