upholstery cleaning

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
Hey guys..first off I wanna thank all of you for the help I'm getting. Seriously like it is amazing. I have two jobs in the pipeline..one lady claims to have a wool couch that she paid 7k for and someone else has a velvet orange chair. I clean wool rugs all the time but to the best of my knowledge I never did a couch. Velvet I have never touched. I know the rule as far as the ph and stuff goes I was just wondering about the best method to clean each. Or left to my own devices I might just like mist them then like super fake clean it. I don't wanna do that..
Any help would really help..
Thanks!
Jarred
Who just got his CCT card today in the mail !!!!!!!!!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
lust1kiddo said:
Hey guys..first off I wanna thank all of you for the help I'm getting. Seriously like it is amazing. I have two jobs in the pipeline..one lady claims to have a wool couch that she paid 7k for and someone else has a velvet orange chair. I clean wool rugs all the time but to the best of my knowledge I never did a couch. Velvet I have never touched. I know the rule as far as the ph and stuff goes I was just wondering about the best method to clean each. Or left to my own devices I might just like mist them then like super fake clean it. I don't wanna do that..
Any help would really help..
Thanks!
Jarred
Who just got his CCT card today in the mail !!!!!!!!!

If you're not sure how to clean these pieces than I would pass it along to a competitor(future networking friend) in your area that does it. You can sub him as well, with you being on the job, so it's a win win.

A

amazingcleansc

nice. the wool 7k couch... thats kind of like the customer telling you they have Wilton wall to wall in their living room.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
.... we install wilton wall to wall... atleast a couple times a year.... and your not looking at 7k.. now your looking at 25K! :mrgreen: (they can be some very fun jobs.. just don't cut it wrong!)

I could see your wool couch going couple of ways. being regular wool woven fabric and then just clean it with a good wool safe prespray(think hypoallergenic as well) And rinse with your acetic acid rinse. Stay light on the moisture so you can speed up your dry times, and force dry with some fans.

It could be a rug covered couch, in that they would take an older flat weave and upholstery a chair, couch or headboard. These can be funky little things to clean..

you won't know till you inspect. Check colorfastness always and often.

Velvet could be a little more challenging. any piled fabric needs to be groomed well at certain points in the cleaning so you don't leave the fabric set in a weird funky messed up appearance. This may not be the piece to experiment on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom