upholstery problem

insurance company called me and asked if i would clean a botched job another company did. anyway the adjuster said that the fabric cushions were loose on the foam and the problem was not there before the cleaning. never heard of this issue so, is there anyway to fix this problem or have the company reupholster this sofa. also, the skirt is curling up, have not yet seen this sofa- till early next week.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hard to say without actually seeing what happened. Are you saying the fabric rippled and stretched ? The skirt can be pressed with a dry steamer if the fabric can take the heat, its most likely correctable.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
prestige cleaner said:
insurance company called me and asked if i would clean a botched job another company did. anyway the adjuster said that the fabric cushions were loose on the foam and the problem was not there before the cleaning. never heard of this issue so, is there anyway to fix this problem or have the company reupholster this sofa. also, the skirt is curling up, have not yet seen this sofa- till early next week.

Just going off simple ideas. The cleaner may have used a product with a solvent in it, whether it be a water soluble like dilimoline or for a spotter. If they upholsterer used an spray adhesive to keep the fabric tight to the foam(which they do still use, but its more common on auto upholstery), the solvent would have dissolved the adhesive making the fabric loose on the foam.

As far as the skirt curling up, could be from over-wetting.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Steam the skirt and clamp on some weight to hold it down and out at the corners during drying.

Don't know what might cause the loose fabric or how to fix it. Could you put new slightly larger foam inside to fill it out tighter?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
if the the fabric on the cushion had a backing maybe delamination. Go over inspect and take pictures. The age of the couch matters and because this time of year the foam may depress and in humidity expand

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom