Upholstery spot

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Oral surgeons office chair. Very picky people. I can't get this spot out of a chair:
apuqyjab.jpg

I've tried citrus solv and pig. Along with normal cleaning.

It might seem like no big deal, but this lady will have the chair reupholstered if I can't get it out. I would like to get it out and save her the trouble.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Oil on polyester. It ain't moving. That stuff is made from oil and any added oil just becomes part of the fabric. Its like pouring water into water .

Bjorn

could be poo so protein spotter might be tried then hit it with a little encap towel and hope for the best

Able 1

Name
Keith
I always start with fels and go from there. Rub it on, soak the area, work it in.. There has been spots the Pig didn't touch and the fels just took it out.. I have a bar in my pocket at all times.:winky:

Reactions: Jim Martin

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
First: It will be great to be a hero.
However, if in the process you'll damage the fiber or create a halo, will you be held liable?

If yes- Do not do any more.
If no- and you know that they mean it (and you'll not lose them as a client due to resentment) then proceed.

Many times we forget the time and agitation (very gentle in this case) part of TACT.
In my experience, oils and proteins will come out with certain protein spotters, if I give it more time and gentle agitation. Try first in hidden areas where you can experiment with strength etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree with Ofer.

A spot is irritating, a spot an a halo is infuriating! Don't take on the liability of the spot and possible damage without consulting your client.

Do they even want to risk further damage? The risk should not be yours, qualify the spot.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom