upholstery tool no firing burner properly

Don336

Name
DJ Settle
I have a Prochem Oil Fire MT and did some cleaning yesterday. The upholstery tool isn't triggering my burner. When I use the floor wand burner works fine. Any suggestions? Is there some type of flow switch that i need? Below is a picture of the tool I'm using. I have nothing extra hook to it.
upholst_tl.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If that's the tool you have you'll need to open the bypass screw located near the quick connection. It will allow flow which "should" engage your burner.

I'd get a pair of gloves, that baby will get pretty hot when cleaning.

*Bypassing will also fill your waste tank faster too! :errf:

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

hydracat

Try turning the pressure up first on the machine and shutting off your valve at the tool. Your not getting enough volume to push the magnet up to the reed switch. You may also have some junk in there that's keeping it from rising at low pressure that needs cleaned out. I'v encountered both.

Name
Nate W.
If that's the tool you have you'll need to open the bypass screw located near the quick connection. It will allow flow which "should" engage your burner.

I'd get a pair of gloves, that baby will get pretty hot when cleaning.

*Bypassing will also fill your waste tank faster too! :errf:

I thought the valve was on the head for the PC upholstery tool? I think you used the SS tool too much, you forgot how the PC tool is..... That, or you're getting old.... :dejection:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
When I using the little giant I had the same problem though eventually the LG would kick in cause it was regulated by temp, not just flow.
I put a bigger jet, an 04, in my HK tool to allow more flow to trigger the LG sooner.
I don't know if that's an option for you with the Prochem tool, might be too much water for it to recover.

You could do what an old cleaner did. He ran a line into the house to a regulator, and a line from there back out to the fw tank
He would adjust his uph pressure at that regulator while the trucks reg stayed the same. So as he cleaned, the water excess would bypass back to the truck. This also kept hot water right there at the uph tool, no need to flush the line to get the heat. Your burner would have all the flow it needed to trigger on, and the temp reg would turn it off.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
That PC tool should flow enough solution to fire the burner. Crank up the pressure and open the flow knob to reduce pressure to the jet.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
don't know what type flow switch PC used, Don
But many can be unscrewed at the top to pull the spring and magnet.
if yours is that type, unscrew the top cap, pull the guts, clean inside the flow switch body with silicone spray.
Reassemble and let'er rip

If that doesn't do it (bet it will if it used to work w/low flow tools)
You can cut a coil or two off the spring

..L.T.A.

Reactions: GCCLee

Ron K

Steamway had a copper pipe with a tiny hole in it that gave you enough flow so you would have fire, with the stair tool and their upholstery tool. I do miss Henry!

Back
Top Bottom