mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
What percent of new and improved tool are you offering. $$ please

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
After using both, it would be a great tool if they could be blended.
The SS is light with its plastic, easy to handle, fits in the hand. The lock doesn't really work well.
The HK works great with the teflon glide, apparently teflon is going to be getting scarce however. The holes in the tool make for cleaning any fabric safely. The way the water works over the fabric in the HK tool really flushes it well.

If I were going to make a tool, light weight but sturdy.
Ergonomic, easy to use, get into corners, get along edges
Uses holes rather than a slot
Doesn't "need" to operate at TM pressure but nice if it can handle it,
at least 3" wide
Uses a jet, not freeflow
Little to no overspray
basically, I'd build a HK tool into a SS body, with a few mods

Name
Lee Stockwell
If you'd have had a machine or two and come to MF in Nashville this week it would have paid for your trip many times over in product development and sales as well.

Thanks,
Lee

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Gotta love a polite punch in the throat that only you can give Lee :)

You might want to let your bosses know they need to give a little before they take from this group. I know it has nothing to do with you as a staff member, but as a polite suggestion, read some of the other MF threads about Rotovac for now.

JamesP

@Ron, thanks for the input.

@Lee it would have been great to go but I was just brought on two months ago and I don't think they are ready to send me on a trip.

@Jim I will troll for a bit I just didn't want it to be another bowl tool.

PCCN

Bought the Hydramaster tool after trying it at a show. Was very pleased with its low moisture, fast drying, etc. That was untillllllllllllllllllllllllllll, it got a little wear on it. The seam on the Hydramaster starts to open up slightly and very often catches many upholsterred fabric threads and pulls/snags them. I would make the head a solid piece like the Sapphire. Also, taking the tool apart is a beotchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! No way around it: when a customer has pets or hair on furniture, it collects on the small teeth of the sight window and loads it up inside, causing restriction and problems. I finally got fed up with this 2 weeks ago and sold mine for $200. Going to JonDon in Chicago next week for CAP Day and plan to buy a Sapphire tool there to replace it since theirs is a single piece head. Let's face it, the sight window is a great gimmick for customers, but realistically, how many of us cleaners want the customer standing over our shoulders looking into that little bity clear window? Simply run a clean white towels all over their furniture and show them the spotless towel with no dirt transferring to it- proves you did a great job.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Well at least you are starting with the two top tools, imho. It will be interesting to see what someone could come up with that would top either tool.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom