Upholstery Tool Shoot OUT!

Mikey P

Administrator
I had a ton of uph to clean today so I thought I'd whip out my collection of tools and do a side by side. Harv Wheelrung Style results for sure.

Basically confirmed my feelings that all tools suck compared to the PC with a GG.

About 15 pieces of fine fabrics to do today. Most just needed to be sprayed with the tool and then vacuumed off. Can't really do that with these other "internal" tools. The vacuum sucks in the spray, good for over spray bad for spray and vac uph work. The Kleenrite being the exception but it's not a very forceful spray like the PC tool.
The biggest fault of the other tools is that the spray hits an inch or more back from the vac orifice, making it impossible to do fine edge/corner/seams/under fixed back cushions etc work.

uphshootout001.jpg

uphshootout002.jpg

uphshootout003.jpg

uphshootout004.jpg

uphshootout005.jpg

uphshootout006.jpg

uphshootout007.jpg

uphshootout008.jpg

I'm telling you uph cleaning on this scale really takes it out of me, lots of up and down, had to move each piece out side and bring back in, pre vac each piece.

I'm toast.

Look at all this stuff.

th_uphshootout009-1.jpg

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have one of those kleenright tools, works pretty good with that glide?

if you had to clean a bunch of mattress, they aren't dirty but they want them extracted, which one would you chose

Name
Kevin McCreary
Man I haven't seen one of those Kleenrite tools in years. Thats the tool I broke in on, then I found the Prochem tool and could never go back to the old Kleenrite tool.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I know what you mean Mike about not being able to spray a piece down. The HK tool just has a mist that gets past the glide. If you pulled off the glide you would get too much water! I think its an 04 jet in that tool.

That would be a good test for next year, testing uph tools, and or wands etc.
Just do simple tests such as 'does water get through the fabric', 'is there and overspray?' etc

I can see why you're bagged, thats a lot of furn!!

Greenie

Could use to eliminate the Tre Allen monkey mail comentary, but that was a bunch of work.

And that KleenRite glide really helps that tool out, I made the one Mike has by hand, 3/4 of the work is now done on machine and hand finished, a lot more hand work than a guy might think for $40, should be $50, Lisa raise the price and enjoy a profit margin on it for once.

The KR tool Mike has looks like it has a worn K.5 jet, swap it out for a K1 and it'll fix all that pressure reference commentary (a K1 is = to 02 flow)

And the SteamWay HK I used put out a decent spray for spray and suck at 400psi, of course it wasn't hooked to a Vortex, how about opening the vacuum relief and giving the spray a chance? btw: the HK uses a PMF valve, you'll kill it at 500psi and develope Carpet Tunnel, sp you ahve to figure out how to jet it UP and work at a lower pressure to preserve the valve.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Glided PC tool and Drimaster and I can clean most anything.

The PC is a great tool with the addition of a Greenglide. I like it best for flushing and cleaning standard care upholstery.

Special care I still want more control of the solution. I usually hold my hand up against the tool to make a seal for the welting and cord if i can't get it flush against the material.

It can get a little hot on your hand, but if I were cleaning a lot I'd wear a rubber glove.

I prefer the lighter tools after exclusively cleaning upholstery in shop everyday for 10-years, my elbow and hand are sore the following day if I clean much upholstery at all. :cry:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Joel D said:
i like seeing the dirty water in the drimaster window
That was my challenge with it, took too long for the water to not show any soil!
Plus I could see a lot of water come out when doing dry passes which told me it was overwetting and not recovering as was claimed.
The new Hydrokinetic leaves it feeling much dryer than my DM ever did. All it needs is a window!!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If you are cleaning high-soil rugged fabric, you need a tool that throws water. If you are cleaning fine fabrics you need a tool that control water better. I wouldn't use a close-coupled tool to clean restaurant banquets and I sure wouldn't use an open spray tool to get dog oil out of a printed cotton. Nice to have more than one upholstery tool.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom