Uploading Photo's - all mine are too large. Any ideas?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
How are you guys uploading photos on here. Used to work for me all the time. Now every photo has a file size to large.

Tried uploading from computer and image url- both to big...

the photos are 947kb, 1920x1080, what size does it need to be below???

FredC

Village Idiot
those are pretty big....try 800x600 or less so you don't break Bawb's AOL

A-Team

Name
Jamie
When I tried to upload pics I took on my iPhone to any forums I had this issue.

Not sure if you're using an iPhone but my work around for the iphone is to email them to myself (from the iPhone), this gives you a choice of file size when you press send. I choose medium (which automatically resizes the pic and reduces file size dramatically). I then save it back to my phone after the email arrives and then upload them to photobucket (from the photobucket app). From photobucket choose the IMG link and copy and paste this into your post. Same goes for the iPad.

This only takes about 1-2 minutes.

There may be a simpler method but doing it this way works fine. If there is a simpler method I'd be interested to know too.

Cheers

Jamie

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
If you post pics through Tapatalk it seems to work well. I'm using Android now but it worked fine on my iPhone too. Are you using that App?

Russ

Reactions: A-Team

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Phones? Phones are for talking on! One thing that is actually pretty cool about the camera phones, emailing them to yourself to get them off the phone.

I generally have a pretty nice camera(not phone) in the van at all times.

I had some box clicked for merging the photo locally or something. Got it... Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom