upscale hotel domination

green guy

Heading out to another referral for a large upscale Hotel. These guys are gold mines!! Used to low end service being told red dye is not removable ectt... When I land this one it makes five large properties. Anyone who is not taking advantage of these ops is nuts.Most of them clean entire facility QUARTERLY. This one this morning is asking us to clean about 90,000 sq ft of common area and banquet space for an inspection. At .23 these are great ways to build your business. Im thinking of putting together my system that lands these almost 100%. Not trying to get all Ben Surdi but there is alot of money being missed out on for alot of struggling owner operators. We did $160,000 first year with steady res. and only two Hotels. We will now have our fifth. Havnt done the numbers just yet but we are excited. Bens "systems" are a niche he has found that works for him not sure its for everyone. These corps. are worldwide with nthe same guidlines in every market. You will not ever see strange pictures of me with premature biz ops. You may see my most muscular pose though.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
How do you approach these hotels? We have always found that most of them do it in house with a porty, or they expect it for 10 cents a foot. Are you only going after high end ones? Are they chains or individually owned? Sorry to pry, just curious and interested. :D

green guy

high end still do their own but are obligated to have them pro cleaned 1-3 x per year. once they realize you can solve problems like repairs red dye ect... your value rises and though you cost more initially you ultimately save them money down the stretch. Only after higher end corporate or pvt owned or managed by prop. man. if it is a name like sheraton ect.. the rules will still be the same. They need us big time!! Got to run to this meeting talk later.

Name
I'm Rick James
Its funny Ben just got busted for stealing content off Zero-Rez website. He pretty much copy and pasted it to his site. When asked all he said was "he just happen to develop a system like theirs." Plus if you read his website, its a complete lie. Sorry I just hate frauds.

green guy

Seem pretty steamed at surdy brent. What happened? You seemed to be cool with him. Hey, were you making ref to me being a fraud as well? Anyway this post was meant to help out not be another rant about ben surdi. If guys dont like him best thing to do is not mention his name. If he is a narcisistic punk fraud he most likely loves seeing his name mentioned.

Name
I'm Rick James
green guy said:
Seem pretty steamed at surdy brent. What happened? You seemed to be cool with him. Hey, were you making ref to me being a fraud as well? Anyway this post was meant to help out not be another rant about ben surdi. If guys dont like him best thing to do is not mention his name. If he is a narcisistic punk fraud he most likely loves seeing his name mentioned.

Maybe its time for me to take a break from MB. No I wasnt talking about you.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Bill,

What do you consider upscale hotels? Are you talking about the hilton, marriott, sheraton, big corporations or smaller upscale hotels that are owned by a smaller group or one person?

green guy

Yes all you mentioned tmdry. The corporates you mentioned have changed my life. The relationships Ive built with my contacts are really awesome.

tim

Where are you located, Bill? Do you use hwe or encap? what's the best way to get your foot in the door?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
green guy said:
Using hwe and and everything in my "toolbox". Get in the door with an amazing pitch.

You're the one who started this thread bragging about your "success." Personally, I think you're full of it - nothing personal, but I've heard this crap before. So what makes your sales pitch stand out from the dozen or so smo's who try to get these same jobs? If it is promising the sun and moon for .10/ft then that's not a success.

green guy

I started this thread to help out. Comin on a little strong there rhino. Anyway our DNA is actually very different. I cannot tell you what I say but I give a basic 5 point marketing message our mission, references from other properties, as well as our Go Green Quality Service Warranty. Once in its all about the demo and flat out winning over the prospect. Anyone who listens or shakes my hand get a thank you card where I reiterate 5 point marketing message and mission ect.. Actually Im a little pissed now. Where the heck were you when I was scrappin it out forcing myself to cold call or prospect. I have a formula that proves they are taking a loss with the cheap splash and dash. Dude are you kidding just the litmus paper thing is friggin awesome. Oh well good luck. This was meant to help anyone who rides by those pretty buildings and thinks "damn Id like to get in there". I did and love ridding home at sunset past "The Renasance Hotel" and saying wow thats really mine. Or having lunch with My favorite Chief Engineer downtown. Or being asked to attend a morning staff meeting looked upon as a valued resource. Anyone who is outgoing experienced and has big enough balls to sell quality Upscale Hotels might be for you.

leesenter

Most of the high end international hotels we deal with are unionized. We deal with most of them but almost exclusively for spot dye and stain removal. We make way more on these services than for regular carpet cleaning anyways.
I smell a rat on this thread because I know its the same elsewhere as I can't help but keep track of this sort of thing as I travel around the world.
High end hotels sell their rooms for a fortune. Their customers do not accept stains on the carpet. If the stain doesn't get removed in cleaning they will replace the carpet. Since the unionized guys can't remove these discolourations we are allowed to work there.
The other thing that these so called high end cleaners haven't mentioned is the hassle of going from floor to floor in service elevators. When rock stars, athletes and movie stars move together as an entourage it can take a long time to move from floor to floor. The elevators can be booked an hour before they finally leave. With stain removal you can carry your bucket and iron up the stairs.

green guy

There is an aproved vendor list. Even if a property does some hwe and bonnet Ive noticed the rule is they must have them deep cleaned at least once a year. usually before inspections. Solving tough problems is one of the ways i have gotten in. However, we make 10x the amount on their carpet, uph, and drapes. Not sure what any hospitaity union has to do with us? Again this was meant to help/encourage a few of us. There will be 3 important contacts Chief engineer -water damage ect, and may be in charge of potential new vendors Director of housekeeping--rooms uph drapes mattresses and hallways. Food and bev director-- banquet prefunction space restruants starbucks ect.... Hope this helps someone.

Name
I'm Rick James
I started this thread to help out. Comin on a little strong there rhino. Anyway our DNA is actually very different. I cannot tell you what I say but I give a basic 5 point marketing message our mission, references from other properties, as well as our Go Green Quality Service Warranty

Not to be an ass, but whats up. You tell these guys about the high life for hotels and then you tell them to F-OFF when they ask you how. You stated you started this thread to "help out" and then you cant provide the details. The real meat of the topic. The How to, or the basic 5 point marketing message.

So whats the point of posting at all if youre going to play those games. Thats why Surdi isnt taken serious cause all he does is talk to satisfy his ego.

You get good info for free from the members here? Well buddy, repay it. If all you do is going to take and not give, youre pulling a Surdi. Hows the website going, seems odd that you dont have one, yet you are making bank.

Alot of people are calling BS with this thread, prove them wrong Bill....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom