Urine PreTreat, then what? OSR or Enzyme Treatment??

hanks75

Through my reading on urine decontamination, I consistently found that a urine pretreat flood & extract with water claw should be performed first to remove as much urine as possible. But afterwards, should I use OSR dwell 30 mins then extract, or should I use a product like matrix bottomline (enzymes). If enzymes, do you flood and waterclaw as well. I've never used enzymes before. Thanks ahead of time guys!!

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
It can kinda go both ways. You have to understand what role each component plays then you can figure out how to use them in combination with each other or on their own. Remember urine turns to an alkaline after leaving the body so you will find that most urine pre treatments are an acid to break down the urine. Enzymes play the role of physicly digesting the urine and are typicly gonna be used as an after spray to dwell and continue working. Now the osr is totaly differant and Im not sure of the ph but osr is an oxidizer and breaks down the urine for extraction through oxidization. I have often pre sprayed with an acid extracted with an acid and post sprayed enzymes with good luck. However I think osr followed by an acid rinse followed by an enzyme post spray would do really well. Keep in mind the only way you can gurrantee pet odor removal is by disengaging the carpet removing soiled pad and cleaning and sealing sub floor along with your carpet procedure. But I have found that as far as topicle treatments are concerned there is no silver and you gotta just take it play by play

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
You can download a urine decontamination manual from www.CleanWiki.com This compares enzymes and oxidizers and when it works best for each.

Cleanwiki.com is our free, no selling website. There are also some other articles and technical bulletins dealing with urine stains and odors if you want the short version instead of the entire manual.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
It is best to reduce the volume of urine before trying to deodorize. However there are a few products that can deo and remove said volume at the same time. OSR and a few other oxidizers do that quite well but they come with a price. They foam like crazy and are often difficult to extract completely in one try.

I use one of two methods:

If I think it is going to work I will put my deo in the prespray/inline sprayer and apply it while prespraying.

If I think that wont be enough I will apply it with my patented DEO Application device (0kay it's not patented but it is a cool system). I really just fill a pail with warm water i.e. abt 100° from the TM, add a scoop or two of tm soap (what ever you're useing in your tm tank) and an educated guessed at amount of Quat-A-Lot. Pour that mixture on the affected areas and let it dwell at least 20 minutes before water clawing it out. Then clean as usual. There is seldom any reason to spray anything else down after that. The soap liquifies the urine and the deo does it's thing and I get it done all at once.

I tried a bunch of different products and ways and this is the best way I have found.

TimP

I've mixed up Judson O2 and Quat-a-lot and poured on urine spots, last time I did this I did about 2.5 gallons, about 2 oz of O2 per gallon, and about that of quat a lot. Give em about 15 minutes and it will get rid of the odor and the yellow stain. I extracted with water claw then rinsed the carpet fibers with the wand to prevent resoil. It also leaves a pleasant smell. I've only lost the battle once where a child pretty well peed in the whole room and didn't realize until after treating a smaller area, and just told them to replace because there was so much.

I just bought some OSR the reason being is that I can use it as a deodorizer but also boost my pre-sprays with it as needed.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
William;

There are several types of urine-treatment enzymes and enzyme-generating organisms in our industry.

The least expensive products have bacteria that produce enzymes.

Next up the cost ladder, you have pure enzyme products,
which are faster acting and more durable.

Then you have pure oxidizers like OSR, etc.

At the top of the effectiveness ladder, you have pure enzymes with a compatible oxidizer.
(like our Dynachem Odor-Attack).

http://ccs5.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=1127

These give the best results for urine treatment,

when used in sufficient quantities.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom