US Products The Ultimate upholstery machine

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Holy mary, $4,300!!! Someobody please tell I'm missing something. This thing is silver plated right? How does a manufacturer come up with a selling price like that? I've been in this crazy industry 8 years now and it's still being sold, so who the hell has one and what's so special about the machine?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I used one a few times back in the 90's I think it was called the ultimate pb3 or something like that. back then it was around 3k, to me it was a POS, it was very weak powered, if I had one I would just have it for my wife to clean spots around the house because I was too lazy to drag out the hoses and fire up the truckmount. besides who the hell needs the ability to spray solvents on anything??

Name
Nate W.
I've got two. Yes, there expensive. They paid for themselves 100x over. They just sit right now. I think one needs a new pump and the other needs a new lid and vacuum. Back in the 90's it was good, pops would have women clean upholstery. Easy to lift and what not. US products is expensive in general.

Name
Danny Strickland
Nate The Great said:
I've got two. Yes, there expensive. They paid for themselves 100x over. They just sit right now. I think one needs a new pump and the other needs a new lid and vacuum. Back in the 90's it was good, pops would have women clean upholstery. Easy to lift and what not. US products is expensive in general.

why not use one for parts to get the other on running so you can clean uph with it???

my friend Tom Zurzolo won one from ISCT the first year he was a member at their convention. that paid for his membership times over. we cleaned lots of high rises in Atlanta and that little machine worked well on the furniture we did.

Name
Al
Ya'll are missing the point of this machine. It's only use at MY shop is dry cleaning high end furniture and drapes. There is still some items that can't be cleaned with water, not many but some. Most other companys will walk away from them, we do them, at a high cost. After my fire it was one of the first things we replaced. Look again.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Nittygritty said:
Nate The Great said:

why not use one for parts to get the other on running so you can clean uph with it???

my friend Tom Zurzolo won one from ISCT the first year he was a member at their convention. that paid for his membership times over. we cleaned lots of high rises in Atlanta and that little machine worked well on the furniture we did.

because honestly the machine sucks to use, a rug doctor has more power. yeah upholstery cleaning doesn't require a truckmount but the ultimate is under powered even for upholstery. the manager really wanted one at one place I worked, me and the assistant manager made fun of him after getting the machine because we were like why the hell did he want this thing. It was a novelty for a couple weeks and never got used again while I worked there and gathered dust.

I suppose they have their place but only for portability sake. I would rather use a ninja portable or something.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I have PiggyBack 111 I bought a long time ago and it has sat unused for at tleast 15 years. Pulled it out last summer to do an upholstery job at a PIA high rise senior center. Had three old gomers on the elevator with me and one said "What's that." Pretty cool suitcase sized machine, brought it all up in one trip with hoses and sprayers in a five gallon bucket.
Just another on a long list of things I need to sell on EBay or here in the Garage Sale room.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I used one for many years. Great heat. Clean upholstery very well, compact size, could be used for dry cleaning drapes and some upholstery fabrics.

If you don't plan on doing dry cleaning, they have a water only version called the XLT (I think) that sells for about $1,000 less.

Name
Nate W.
Nittygritty said:
Nate The Great said:

Then I'd have to actually use it...... !dork!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We have one that used to get a lot of use. Portables in general got better and lighter, and there are fewer upholstered pieces that require dry solvent cleaning, so ours is in semi-retirement as well.

The biggest negative is small capacity, the biggest positive is that it got a lot of hours with no breakdowns.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
25 years ago we sold 3 or 4 dry cleaning machines a month. Now it's one a year.

The top fine fabric guys get some of the odd dry clean only fabrics, and it's still a great way to preserve textures on rayon chenille and velvet that weren't very dirty in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom