use of a cargo trailer instead of van

Lonewolf68

Has anyone used a small cargo trailer for your truckmount and equipment instead of the usual cargo van? What are the disadvantages as opposed to the advantages? I am in a situation that I am going to be using a minivan for awhile and while it works with a porty, it really isn't heavy duty enough for a small TM which I am looking to purchase soon. A small cargo trailer seems like a good idea but I want some real world perspective on this. Thanks for any advice, opinions, or good sarcasm.

Steve

Lonewolf68

Here in OH there aren't too many long driveways so I don't think that the backing down a driveway will be an issue. I have searched the previous posts and there is some info out there. Here's a follow up question. Would you buy a van that has high miles on it (100K or more) to use as a short term fix 2 to 3 years?

Steve

KBRENNY

I did not want to say what Bob said but a year ago transmission went out and I had to borrow a TM in a trailer and pull it with my personal truck to do one job that was a referral. The customer called back the person who referred them after I left and told her it was hard to take me as a serious cleaner if I was pulling everything around in a trailer and she thought at the least I was a fly by night company who would not put the proper investment into my company. Lucky for me the referring person knew the situation and explained it to her.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Steve;

We have installed many TMs in Trailers and many in Vans.

One difference I see, is that small single-axle Trailers tend to bounce the TMs up and down more than Vans.

Sometimes inexperienced drivers will hit curbs on corners also.

Backing the trailer is also takes more experience.

Fuel tanks are more difficult to get installed on the trailer.

One advantage, is that the trailer can be left at the job site.

Another advantage is they can carry more water as on this airline TM trailer:
aircrafttm.jpg

My opinion is that Vans make a better long-term solution for most cleaners.

Larry Cobb

bubba

wow. Yep.

I like the pic of the trailer above. Problem is the weight. must have a good diesel and electric brakes.

Back
Top Bottom