using a cimex

G

i finally got my new cimex going to do first job tomorrow. i did do 1 room already in my house pretty easy to move could you guys give me some pointers on using it and using the trigger for the solution do you feather it or hold it down give me some help guys, the carpet im gonna do is really nice only one spot. thanks

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
That's what i'm here for.

It just sounded like he was using it on resi carpet.

As far as the solution he is using it may depend on the brand of chemical. Release-it will slightly foam up.Trigger as needed to get a light foaming/whitening.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Don't open the valve below the tank all the way, open it half or less. That way you can hold the trigger down and not worry about using too much solution.

G

hey dave if you read my post (I SAID I DID A ROOM IN MY HOUSE TO GET USE TO IT) MY HOUSE MY HOUSE

TimP

you can use it on residential...... :roll:

I just wouldn't encap residential myself. However it's a good prescrubber for residential, just bulky and heavy.

Also I've been using mine to do VCT. Yesterday I cleaned a luxury vinyl floor (nafco type) with it, it did a wonderful job.

You should put down enough liquid as to see slight foaming on the carpet (as you encap of course) as you go, if you move fast then you can hold the trigger all the way down, if you're going over the carpet multiple times you probably only want the valve open slightly for the additional passes. As you get close to the wall it's a good idea to let off before meeting the wall. Then just before you start heading the other way make sure you open it again, there is a delay because the fluid is gravity fed and it has to flow through the pads. Really it's something that you just need to get out there and do, the only bad thing that can happen is that it will take longer for the carpet to dry.

G

i have 2300 sq feet to do should i mix up enough to do it all at first mix ratio is 8 ounce to a gallon of water mist n brush -steamway-it doesnt say on the bottle to mix with cold or hot does it make a difference

clean one

I have never used mist an brush i sometimes try to mix mine hot , i would mix enough to do all 2300 sq ft. If you can't see a light white foam or haze its hard to tell how much solution your using. Depending on the soil level you might need to do 1 wet pass and then 1 dry , going back over last line without pulling the trigger.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
For 2300 sq ft, you should use between 7-8 gals depending on soil level. I would only mix up 5 gals at a time, HOT. 1 wet pass and 1 dry pass. Use more as necessary for desired look - dry passes that is.

Disclaimer: I have never used mist n brush.

Good idea on valve, Brian.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Hey BOZO... :?:

have you figured out much fuel per hour the A-Tech uses...While you are Encapping... :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom