Using a Host Machine vs. 175 for prescrub

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Look at my other Golden Corral post. That place is nasty.

I can buy a really nice host machine for 200. My wife was pretty tired when she was done with the 175 prescrubbing.

Will the Host machine be easier to hand and be enough to scrub this ugly place?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
depending on which set of brushes you get... (easily interchanged as well) The host can be one of the best scrubbers you buy. And at 200.. its a hell of a deal... for residential carpet.. its hard to beat.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I'm looking for ease of use and good results.

I've never used one.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Tell me more about how you got your wife to prescrub with a 175! My wife would get a new husband if I tried to get her to prescrub in any way shape or form.

With that said why was she so tired? My 175 could be operated by a ten year old girl. Maybe yours is just too hard to work with. BTW I use an adjust-a-glide brush not a pad and that helps a lot.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The Host machine is MUCH easier to use compared to a rotary .
They're easier to run than an upright vacuum IMO

however from my experience, they don't shear soil off near as well a heavy rotary

..L.T.A.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
on a looped carpet like an olefin carpet I would think a red pad on a 175 would be the way to go. IMO the host machine isn't powerful enough for serious scrubbing. I never considered a 175 difficult to operate once you get the hang of it. I used to scrub stairs and be able to jump vac hoses with one I also could take one and spin it 360 around me without my feet moving.

the place a host machine shines is on polyester frieze in residential. I think the 175 and a red pad is going to be several times faster than using a host machine. I like my host because its light weight and portable its also easy to hit a few problematic traffic lanes with which is generally all that need scrubbing in a typical res job.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Dmreed4311 said:
here is a video I made of prescrubbing with a host machine, it is a breeze to use.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4SBqxD0tF4

All right I get it. The Host is easy to get into the house. It's a little princess type machine. Jeremy, just bring in the 175 for your wife. Kiss the ground she walks on. You are lucky to have her helping you. Obviously the 175 is going to do a better job of preconditioning just because of it's heft. It is no more burdensome to use than a Host, you just lift slightly or drop slightly, like driving a car.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Art Kelley said:
Dmreed4311 said:
here is a video I made of prescrubbing with a host machine, it is a breeze to use.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4SBqxD0tF4

All right I get it. The Host is easy to get into the house. It's a little princess type machine. Jeremy, just bring in the 175 for your wife. Kiss the ground she walks on. You are lucky to have her helping you. Obviously the 175 is going to do a better job of preconditioning just because of it's heft. It is no more burdensome to use than a Host, you just lift slightly or drop slightly, like driving a car.

HEHe, I agree the 175 is a fine piece of equipment but these days you can get a host machine for under 200 on ebay, i have three i have bought this year all under 200. I will say the host machine is way better than the sebo for prescrubbing. One thing i will say i like the host machine for is as a pile lifting post scrub, it really hides those grooved in traffic areas

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
My wife has been involved with all of my various ventures for the past 17 years.

She has made sales calls to top executives and spent many hours on a 32 foot ladder painting buildings. She is always happy to do it too. The woman just does not stop working.

When I have a problem with employees I send her in work clothes and she works circles around all of the men making them all feel ashamed of themselves.

She's a complete angel.

lance

The Host is 26 lbs. The Whittaker is 46 lbs.

Even with the stiff brushes the host will probably jump around on carpet that is as greasy and dirty as you did.

Hey Dmreed, are you using the same brushes on the Host machine for grooming as you do for the prescrub? Do you wash the brushes off before the grooming step?

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
The host will not scrub as good as the 175 but it will be easier to use. a gls crb would do wonders though and its easier than a vac to push

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom