Using a regular vacuum for re-grouts (dust)

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Anything wrong with this?.

Basically putting a few feet of 1 1/4" hose and using it to catch the dust from a dremel. I tried it at home and I don't seem to get any dust comming out of it unlike the wet-dry I usually use. I have the pro team vac. It sure would be convenient.

Albert

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Albert Lazo said:
Anything wrong with this?.

Basically putting a few feet of 1 1/4" hose and using it to catch the dust from a dremel. I tried it at home and I don't seem to get any dust comming out of it unlike the wet-dry I usually use. I have the pro team vac. It sure would be convenient.

Albert

I don't see why it would be a problem, Albert
but do wonder what's wrong with your shop vac filter if it's blowing dust out.

They make a couple different filters for shop vacs .
I believe the blue one is for finest particulates .
BTW, I'm not a big fan of Rigid tools in general...I think most of them are junk.
But their upper end shop vacs are the raspberries.
better than ShopVac brand

if you have $6-$800 laying around, you can buy a true HEPA canister vac too.
It filters down to .3 microns (3 tenths of a micron)

you could smoke in the home and suck it up and they'd never know.... :mrgreen:

http://www.industrialvacs.com/category_s/5.htm

..L.T.A.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
if you have $6-$800 laying around, you can buy a true HEPA canister vac too.
It filters down to .3 microns (3 tenths of a micron)

HEPA may be a requirement in Cali soon. I have a crappy memory but I think that's what the guys at Bona were saying last month when I was training. May be worthwhile looking at one of those but since I'm a BDCC I'll have to give one of those filters a try.

Albert

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Albert Lazo said:
HEPA may be a requirement in Cali soon. I have a crappy memory but I think that's what the guys at Bona were saying last month when I was training. May be worthwhile looking at one of those but since I'm a BDCC I'll have to give one of those filters a try.

Albert

the better blue filter for the shop vac will help, Al.
but they're not the same as the true sealed hepa canister vacs in the link.
Those ones have to pass EPA set standards to qualify.
a "regular" shop vac, even with the finest particulate filter won't come close to those .
For what you're dong, they (a "regular" shop vac w/good filter and seal) should be fine though

..L.T.A.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
The filters are one thing, but make sure you get a shopvac you can put a bag in. I always keeps bags in my shopvacs never had a problem with blowby and double filtration is key when you are picking up fine particulate they make bags for high filtration and medium filtration, They keep your shop vac clean, the air clean, and you can fill over 2/3 of the bag with out loosing suction. its a no brainer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom