using an sx-12 and viper venom combo but it leaves a lot of water

Scratch62

Name
Roger S
Firstly, i am new to T&G. I bought the existing company and had the machine and product on board. I watched some videos and have done 2 jobs so far. Problem is, on the videos the sx-12 hardly leaves any water and when I do it there is lots of water left. I have to use the Gecko to suck it up.
My method may be all screwy as I only have youtube to go by for training.

Viper is mixed at 4:1 ratio
Running at 700psi
Sx-12 vacuum port holes on the ring are clear ( they were plugged solid when I first looked at the machine)

Any suggestions? PLEASE!!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Sorry to hear you are having an issue. A little more information may be useful in solving this.

Does your SX-12 have a brush on the bottom or a hard plastic ring?

If you have the brush ring on the bottom, is the brush so worn that the bristles do not touch the surface you are cleaning? You may need a new brush ring.

Is the floor surface flat or does itg have textured or embossed areas?

How is the vacuum going into the tool? Have you checked the suction at the end of the vacuum hose that connects to the tool?

Depending upon whne the tool was originally purchased, there may be vacuum relief ports. Be sure these are closed.

How old are the spray jets? After 6 months to a year, the begin to get worn and will put out too much water. You get better cleaning performance and less water less on the floor with new jets.

Scratch62

Name
Roger S
Hi Scott,
Thanks for the quick response!
It has a brush. It still touches the ground but it looks quite worn so I will have to see where I can a new one here in Canada.
The floor was standard tile and grout. Flat.
Vacuum is good, I use it for carpet cleaning all the time.
The relief ports are closed.
I will change the jets. The numbers are hard to read but it looks like they are 9502

111.jpg
333.jpg
222.jpg

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Roger, I f you have a Safety Express in your area, they should have the brush and the jets.

If you have good vacuum entering the tool, see if you can feel good suction where the black vacuum hoses split from the wand tube at the bottom and check at the base of the tool. Something may be clogging the vacuum hoses or some point in the air flow.

Scratch62

Name
Roger S
When I took the 2 black hoses off to check to see if they were plugged I saw small cracks and holes where they join the head. They were on the underside of the hoses. Thanks for leading me to discovering the solution!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The jets should be 0502. I have switched to 9504's before with poorly applied grout stain but the tool comes with 0502. I switched to 0503 for harder hitting. I blast and have my helper run a micro fiber pad to dry. Both the sx-12 and hybrid leave it wetter than published. Never been able to get either tool to leave a dry floor. Now my old steam way tool would leave it squeaky dry.

Scratch62

Name
Roger S
The jets should be 0502. I have switched to 9504's before with poorly applied grout stain but the tool comes with 0502. I switched to 0503 for harder hitting. I blast and have my helper run a micro fiber pad to dry. Both the sx-12 and hybrid leave it wetter than published. Never been able to get either tool to leave a dry floor. Now my old steam way tool would leave it squeaky dry.

Thanks Gene! I just bought a 175 machine so I will have to try that way of drying T&G.
I am doing a commercial building with pebblestone floor (i think that is what they call it. Small pebbles in some kind of shiny epoxy) on Monday with 42 steps. What do you use for steps?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I've never had to do steps that weren't wide enough for the 12" tool. it would be messy but doable if smaller. being the neat freak i am i would scrub them by hand and then suck them dry if the tool was to large.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom