Using ProsChoice Urine Stain Remover on grout

Name
R.J. Povio
I have done this 2 times now. I had a home kitchen tile and grout job that had some light/mild stains in the grout. I sprayed ProChoice Urine Stain Remover on the stained grout then scrubbed with grout brush and left for a 10 minutes. The stains almost disappeared!

Has anyone ever had this happen or tried this before?

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
No, but I have sprayed grout stains from the hip like I do carpet stains and had that work really well on the dark blotchy stains by the sink/stove.

Delta Dave

I've used stain magic on grout to remove coffee stains . . . Worked like a charm.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Mikey P said:
Using peroxide/percarbonate to clean grout is something some formulators have figured out long ago..

yeah not to mention other mikeysboard members. dude seriously just give cobb a call and tell him to send out a big jar of his powder brightner, its cheap powdered peroxide and has a ton of uses.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
so what about the acid side cleaners on T&G.....can you use them 1st or do you need the alky on it 1st???

Remember that bathroom i posted pics of???

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
floorguy said:
so what about the acid side cleaners on T&G.....can you use them 1st or do you need the alky on it 1st???

Remember that bathroom i posted pics of???

Most tile and grout has some oil and grease present. You need something to cut through the oil and grease and remove it or the acid will not work as well. (Oils repel water-based cleaners.) High alkalinity and solvents are what cut the grease.

If there is no oil or grease, then you can go to the acids first. Acids will work well on many bathrooms because they are effective at removing hard water deposits, mineral stains, soap scum and salts from urine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom