V / AT owners and The POLICE

Demien

Pleasanton, Ca. (just east of San Francisco)
Name
Demien lucero
I've owned my V for about 6mos and have had the police called 3 times. Today i was $500.00 into a $1,800 job when the officer arrived!!!
This SUCKS!!!!
I leave everything cleaner, brighter and dryer but boy the noise is really becoming an issue.
What have you tried to reduce the noise coming from your truck.

Demien

Mikey P

Administrator
No good.

I feel for ya bud and feel guilty at the same time since I told you to get the V.

If I were Blue Line I would have a user friendly super low cost upgrade that cuts the noise down by at least 30% ASAP!
It's now Thom's baby now and it would show great concern for "his" past customers and this industry to fix VAT'S Noisy blunder.

And make it the number one priority to change over the current AT design.

More heat comes second.

G

Ahhhh...the walkups that come when ya got a Whoretex...

Sorry bud, I bet Rampage is tipping them off.

G

When driving to the job, throw out earplugs like candy in a parade..

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
get a hold of Walter Bush, I think he put some pipes up the side of the truck, kind of like on a diesel big rig and did some type or wrap

I don't think Walt is on this BB so get his info off ICS of maybe contact Gary Heacock, Gary knows him

I'm a contractor, I'd tell them to get lost in a polite way. During normal work hours they should have enough common sense not to even respond.

G

I'm sorry to hear that Damien. I only had the police called 1 time in the 4 years I have owned these trucks. I was cleaning a Steak restaurant at 1:00 am. The police officers told me it serves them right for moving into a business district and let me finish.

I have never had a problem during the day time.

Dave

Jimbo

Hey Demien...I actually need to use a secondary muffler on my Prochem...without it the unit sounds like a helicopter hovering about 10 feet overhead.
I went to my favorite hot rod muffler shop and had them fab up a glass pack muffler to attach to the machine. We actually made the choice by just holding the muffler over the exhaust outlet...and sure enough it worked fine...you can still hear the machine running...but the screaming noise is muted!
We specifically choose a good high quality glass pack that you can see all the way through...so the TM could still FLOW the exhaust as intended. Your unit might require a couple of HUGE glass packs in series...but it will be well worth the effort.- Jim

G

Mickey's was as loud as a illegal Mexican post burrito farting contest...

How did you fix yours Mike?

What did it cost you???

GRHeacock

Walt Bush is a good friend of mine- we had lunch today, and he bought it.

Anyway, he had one of the VERY noisy Vortex's, and added a secondary silencer of some kind, and added a stack up the front of the box, like a diesel rig's, which makes the overall noise not bad at all. Not silent, but no big roar either.

He is not on this board yet- I did invite him just today.

You can contact him by e-mail, and I am sure he will discuss what he did and what it cost, etc.

wbush@mac.com

Gary

minuteman

About 7 years ago I talked with a gent that made the silencer for Vortex, found them through the Vortex web sit back then. He told me they have a bolt on for those that you can get and it would be able to run next to a Hospital and it wouldn't bother anyone, he wanted to put in on the model being produced than but Vortex didn't want to spend the money. I do not remember the name of the company or the gent for that mater but I would check all the manufactures out and see what else is available or call Vortex and get the name of the supply er and go from there.

Greg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom