Vac Experts

Brett

Have my original 2 2 stage in series porty I was thinking about getting a y for, and hooking up to the exhaust of each of the 3 stage Recoil vacs. Or I could just run a single hose from the porty to the exhaust of the Recoil's 2 stage. Not sure if there would be enough air flow through the single 2 stage. Or I could run the porties side by side to the y. I have the new Mytee 3 stage air hog. Just looking to utilize the porty for longer hose runs. Any of you air flow experts know which might work best?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Y at the front of the machine is most simple, a grey T hose barb from Lowes or plumbing supply. Are you running 2" hose?

The two 2-stage blowers in series will have slightly more lift(~148") than the two 3-stage blowers in parallel(~134"). However the series unit will have fewer cfm (~95) than the parallel unit (~200).

I'd guess using the Y or T at the front of the machines would yield a net ~270cfm / ~134" lift.

A hassle, but still an improvement for a $4 investment.

Thanks,
Lee

Brett

Does that 270 cfm/134 lift include the 3 stage air hog? I'm running 2 inch hose. The 2 stage porty is plumbed 1 1/2 and 1 1/2 port. A little restriction. I ran 40' 2 inch to the air hog, then 50' 2 inch to wand this weekend. Great suction. 4 flow at 300 psi. Good dry times. APO worked fine, no clogs with piggy filter, no filters in the recoil. Got about 1" of water in the recoil.

Brett

Odin, you've been showing that for quite sometime now. You ever gonna finish it? LOL

rick imby

Name
Rick
Nice clean workshop Odin.

Are you going to have a guage that goes high enough to measure the suck from all those cereal motors?

Brett

What size vac motors are on top of that Mytee? They look pretty big. Are those the kind you use in the units you build?

Brett

Thanks to Lee Stockwells expert advice, I picked up a 2 inch stainless Y from Shawn at CCS and discussed a few things with him also. Recoil as base unit , 40 ft 2 inch to Y, 2 vac 2 stage in series 8 gallon solution and recovery 65 lb porty with 100 psi pump with 1 1/2 port at Y, 10 ft 2 inch to Airhog, 50 ft 2 inch to AW29 wand with 4 flow and hole glide. Floats and filters removed from both portables. 1 inch water in recovery tanks of both portables after 15 gallons sprayed. No major foam in tanks. Airhog doing good job of filtering for the wand and apo works good for my flow. I'm able to pick a 8lb 14 oz flat top steel weight with a popsicle stick breaking the suction on one side of the cuff at 100 ft of 2 inch hose. Without the 2 stage porty, I can't pick it up. I could at 40 ft with just the recoil and airhog. I showed Shawn the weight I'm using. 4 cord system, 3 2 stage, 3 3stage 6 vacs total. Recoil or M5 or whatever as base unit with generator, 2 cords in home or 3 with rotovac, although a larger generator could run more cords. I can use the 2 stage 100 psi solution tank for prespray. Beats running out with the 2 gallon multisprayer, and can be used as backup pump. I think a small porty used as your second booster has a lot of advantages over two boosters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom