Vacumm Question

saxman

I have an older White Magic 56 machine, that I am going to retire, still runs great. I bought two White Magic 2000's and put a "Y" from both blowers to a two inch hose, I thought I would have screaming vacumm, but the crew say
the old 56 seems to suck more air. Here is what I think I'm going to do, I am going to put big 56 dump tank in the 2000, and run both blowers to single tank, I hope this gives me at least the vacumm I had on my 56. Fifteen years of 56 blowers, I didn't realize the difference. Any Suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Thank you
John

Rex Tyus

Is the 2000 WM the one with 2 wayyyy under driven 45's? If it is and I think I am correct. The dump tank change ain't gonna make the difference you are looking for. I am not going to say anything against WM. But I will say they have a great marketing dept. Clutch drives are limited by the strength of the Clutch. Even though white magic under drives their 56 it is still easier to generate more cfm with the fore mentioned limitation than it is to turn 2 smaller blowers for the same CFM. The short answer is I dont think you will be able to match the 56 with that machine.

Name
Jesse
It's not strong enough for 2 wands imo. After some upgrades I can tell very little difference between it and the 1200. The 2000 has terrible weight distribution and the 1200 isn't great. I would buy either of these machines again but see little need for 2 under driven blowers. If white magic was smart they'd use that new clutch they have to spin the blowers faster. Instead of 20hg how about 17-18hg at 3000rpm.

If your running 2.5 hose from each tank to a 2.5 Y then a single 2.5 out of the van you'll have good air flow. Both of my white magics had terribly leaky vacuum reliefs, they needed a precision valve. Since both blowers are running through the same 2 tanks (if you open the 2 valves) I only run a relief on the back tank.

We don't pump out so I ditched the filter boxes on both trucks and just put a nylon stalking on the blower filter in the tanks, makes a huge difference. I run the rpms on the 2000 at 1600 capped off, the extra 100 rpms makes a difference. I run near 1700 on the 1200. The 2000 seems to move just a few more cfm's then the 1200

The waste capacity of the 2000 is really nice and the only feature I like. Both machines had a crappy baffle in the waste tank that caused foaming and premature fill. I've drilled four 2" holes in each baffle near the top and away from the filter (as best you can). The tanks now fill to about 6" from the top before we get dripping from the blower silencer.

Since you cant get a post heater on the 2000 a flame thrower is a must.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom