Vacuum + Agitate what's BEST? Can one machine do both?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Between the Whitaker the encap machine (or is it pro-cap?) and Host liberator, (are there other machines I don't know about?)

1) Which is the most durable and has less problems?

2) Can the Host libarotor (or any others) do double duty, so that you can vacuum and agitate with the same machine?

As usual, your hard earned advice is highly appreciated

Ofer

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Throw all those machines away and get an rx20.

I've yet to try my host machine for pre-scrubbing then wand. I can't seem to get away from the rx, a wand is cumbersome, slow and I don't know how much crap I've taken out. Of course I'm only one of a few that thinks that. :shock:

Albert

Chads

Supportive Member
the host does a great job at agitating and I would say that it does way better job than a slow speed 175. There is no way a rx-20 can outperform that combo. unless you use it with the host as a prescrubber. :mrgreen:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
kolfer1 said:
Between the Whitaker the encap machine (or is it pro-cap?) and Host liberator, (are there other machines I don't know about?)

1) Which is the most durable and has less problems?

2) Can the Host libarotor (or any others) do double duty, so that you can vacuum and agitate with the same machine?

As usual, your hard earned advice is highly appreciated

Ofer

Kolf, I don't have any "real world" experience with any of those machines..only demoed the Whittiker and the pro-cRaps.
neither has a vac port that I can recall.
The Whitiker is a well made light wt machine IMO.
word on the street is, the pro-cRaps machine is a POS

Don't know if the Liberator has a vac port or not.
I had a small older Host machine, it did not have a vac port, but was well made for a such a lt wt gizzmo.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Liberator was a well made machine too

My experience with killing two bUrds with one stone...ie..vac and agitate with one machine.
I've abused in the "real world";
a Bissel upright
Turbovac
Certified Pile Brush with and W/O being hooked to the TM vac hose

They all worked pretty well.
The Cert pile brush did best for agitation due to it's weight

ALL get gunked up with wet grit and need a fair amount of cleaning when done.
That made it more of a PITA than it was worth to me.
Due to the gunk/grit cleaning time required, it was just as fast, less mess and easier to just vac dry with an upright and roto scrub pre-spray when needed

..L.T.A.

G

This one can probably do 3 things; agitate, vacuum, and HWE.
http://www.***************/store/edic-p ... -3645.html

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
you'll want to dry vacuum first. As mentioned, the brushes will get all gunked up when wet.
There's a thread about the Procraps machine. The Whittaker is not a lightweight machine but works very well. The LIberator is also a good simple scrub machine, hard to find used.
Myself and few others are using the Sebo duo machine, very light weight, not as deep a scrub as the previous two, but very nice on carpet.

G

ErictheRed said:
This one can probably do 3 things; agitate, vacuum, and HWE.
http://www.***************/store/edic-p ... -3645.html

I use both models; the 18 inch has 5 high flow jets and is awesome.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thanks Guys, well made points.

Just trying to avoid draggin in one more damn machine.

It seems like a regular pre-vac with an upright and a scrub with the regular old dependable 175 machine may still be the simplest and most efficient.

Your feedback is highly appreciated.
Ofer

Rawb

The RX-20 was a machine I used exclusively for most of my carpet cleaning experience. The downfalls I found were things such as its inability to get into the corners, it's much heavier than a wand, and having a third cord getting in my way (or the odd time getting tangled up in the machine itself). And unless it was the crappy Hydramaster truck mount that the boss had in his truck, the RX-20 didn't extract as well as a wand. If one purchases the 5 jet model, I always usually had to clean at least two of the orifices before each job. Sometimes they would clog during the job because of the grit flying around underneath the machine.

However, it does a much better overall cleaning job than a wand for sure, resulting in less manual labor. I would use it for sure in a commercial application. It's not worth it to use one in a residential setting, IMO.

I have been using a 15" Whittaker for about 6 months now and I find it to be a great machine for applying the solution and agitating the carpet before HWE. It pulls up a lot of dirt and hair that otherwise, a wand and even an RX-20 would leave in the carpet. I haven't used it that often on residential carpet but the little I have done has worked great. A Whittaker is lighter than an RX-20 and eliminates the requirement to pre-spray with a Hydroforce if one purchases the Whittaker model with the solution tank and sprayer included.

The one thing I question is which machine is more politically correct concerning agitation? And this may be a question for someone who is more knowledgeable.

The RX-20 agitates, rinses and extracts simultaneously after the pre-spray is applied with a Hydroforce. The Whittaker applies solution and agitates the carpet which can then be followed by HWE separately. Which process is more effective?

Another rotary machine that I haven't used, but have witnessed the results of, is the Rotovac. It would be useful for commercial as well.

IMO, the Whittaker would be a better machine to use in a residential setting than the RX-20 and can also excel in commercial settings. I did use the RX-20 in the beginning of my experience but it wasn't my company and not my choice either.

Oh yes, the Prochem Icaps would be sufficient only in a residential setting. One can only purchase one type of brush (to my knowledge) and it would be effective at removing some hair and agitating the pre-spray into the carpet. I've used it in commercial applications and it pales in comparison to the Whittaker, of which you can purchase various levels of brushes in addition to the capability of rotating the brushes for longevity.

I hope that is helpful. I'm still learning more about various machines as well.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Rawb do you own a vacuum? that would have prevented the RX from getting gunked up with grit(dirt & Sand)

Rawb

Matt Murdock said:
Rawb do you own a vacuum? that would have prevented the RX from getting gunked up with grit(dirt & Sand)

When I used the RX-20, I worked for a guy who didn't bother to pre-vac (other than getting the customer to do so before we show up), didn't bother to address stains or offer carpet protector or deodorizer. Plain Jane cleaning was all that we did.

Once he got into insurance work, I believe he didn't put much effort into carpet cleaning anymore.

gasaxe

rx 20.... you just have to have the suck and the blow to keep up with it. mucho vac and mucho heat run bigger jets and they wont clog up. I trim out most jobs usually with a prochem upholstery tool when needed. corners baseboards etc. Had to clean three condos last week without electricity and i was reminded how much better of a job the rx does than the suck stick. Only time i use a wand is without electric or some commercial gluedowns.

faster production rates, better results,....more money and more repeat refferals.

Rawb

gasaxe said:
rx 20.... you just have to have the suck and the blow to keep up with it. mucho vac and mucho heat run bigger jets and they wont clog up. I trim out most jobs usually with a prochem upholstery tool when needed. corners baseboards etc. Had to clean three condos last week without electricity and i was reminded how much better of a job the rx does than the suck stick. Only time i use a wand is without electric or some commercial gluedowns.

faster production rates, better results,....more money and more repeat refferals.

Yeah, I definitely saw a difference with the RX-20 compared to a wand. The boss had an antiquated Hydramaster with God knows how many hours on it. The suction was pitiful to say the least. Once he bought a Cleanco, the suction was dramatically improved. I'm sure a newer Hydramaster or ProChem truck mount would be just as impressive.

I've seen quite a few older vans chugging around Calgary with the antiquated Hydramasters in them. Then again, some companies may not be as high up on the food chain as others. LOL...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom