Vacuum booster for portable???

Brandonquartz

Name
Brandon Quartz-belisle
Hey all!
I am Currently using a 150psi Ninja classic with a rotovac 360i . I find the carpets are being left too wet.(even after good dry passes) and sometimes makes the carpet wick
I am wondering if anyone knows of a booster for my portable to get faster dry times?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Hey all!
I am Currently using a 150psi Ninja classic with a rotovac 360i . I find the carpets are being left too wet.(even after good dry passes) and sometimes makes the carpet wick
I am wondering if anyone knows of a booster for my portable to get faster dry times?
Rather than a booster, look for a 2 cord machine with 2 -3 stage vacuum motors over 10 amps each.

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care
Name
Matt Middleton
When we used RVs I installed a needle valve right after the quick coupler.

Then we could dial in just the right amount of solution.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
That's even stupider than buying a vac booster.
I just got two months of free daycare with my “portable”
54155F68-FAEC-400C-9D91-7E2B00EB52E1.jpeg

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
To answer the poster's question: Mytee makes a booster. As per how practical that solution is? That's a whole different question.

As per others. I am sure he knows as well as the rest of us that:
  • A two three stage vac motors will give him more suction.
  • Reducing water can be accommodated by reducing pressure, time pressing the trigger, jet sizes etc.
  • And retrieving more of the water by slowing suction passes, doing more passes and using a fan.
All are compromises to compensate for the machine's shortcomings paid for by added time spent on each job and elbow grease.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleanworks

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
As it is now, the machine runs on a single cord, so two vacs and pump have to draw less than 20amps to keep from blowing breakers. The simplest fix is to replace one blower with a 3-stage vac that can draw up to 15 amps... on a separate cord. Take one of the existing switches out of the current system and run the new power cord through it to the new vac.

This uneven arrangement may mean that one vac isn't carrying it's weight, but it will give you better vacuum. Since this machine can be ordered with two 3-stage vacs, there should be room to bolt one right in.

Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
As it is now, the machine runs on a single cord, so two vacs and pump have to draw less than 20amps to keep from blowing breakers. The simplest fix is to replace one blower with a 3-stage vac that can draw up to 15 amps... on a separate cord. Take one of the existing switches out of the current system and run the new power cord through it to the new vac.

This uneven arrangement may mean that one vac isn't carrying it's weight, but it will give you better vacuum. Since this machine can be ordered with two 3-stage vacs, there should be room to bolt one right in.

Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility.
If you are going to re-engineer it. Remove both vacuums and replace with 2- 13.8 amp 5.7 vac motors. Wire one with the pump and one by itself. You can run it on 2 15 amp circuits. You can increase the pump size to 500 psi without blowing breakers if you do it right. There are lots of machines already built that have these components. Not as good as mine but not bad either.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
There is a time and a place for portables and cleaners get into trouble when they use them beyond the time and place.

Ohh the time and place?

The place is in the corner collecting dust. The time, for as long as you want to be a legitimate cleaner not a poser. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Brandon, to answer your question: The 360i does an amazing job of scrubbing, especially with a brush head. If the carpets are too wet, then scrub your way into a room, swap out for a 12” Devastator wand or at the least, a glided wand and dry stroke back out. With portables, the 360i head has a good but not great recovery. A glided wand will do MUCH better. Another suggestion is to use a 2” hose instead of 1.5” hoses. It will maximize whatever the porty can deliver.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom