Vacuum cleaners.

TimP

Ok what vacuums do you guys use that have a hose attachment. And preferably bagless. How do you like them? I'd like a list to look at and compare. I'm considering a new vacuum cleaner, or fixing the one I have.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You are going to get a thousand different answers.

The best vacuum cleaner I have ever owned, so far, has been a Dyson. I used that thing until I absolutely wore it out. About 6 months ago, after the Dyson finally died, I bought a back pack vacuum from Jon-Don, a Pro something or another, and it is great ... on commercial only. On residential it sucks.

That thing that Paytoilet promotes using is probably a fine vacuum, but how the hell a professional cleaner gets by using a vacuum clean without a hose and edging/upholstery attachments, I don't understand. Like ... does the fool not vacuum uphol., and does he leave bugs in the corners?

Walt

admiralclean said:
You are going to get a thousand different answers.

The best vacuum cleaner I have ever owned, so far, has been a Dyson. I used that thing until I absolutely wore it out. About 6 months ago, after the Dyson finally died, I bought a back pack vacuum from Jon-Don, a Pro something or another, and it is great ... on commercial only. On residential it sucks.

That thing that Paytoilet promotes using is probably a fine vacuum, but how the hell a professional cleaner gets by using a vacuum clean without a hose and edging/upholstery attachments, I don't understand. Like ... does the fool not vacuum uphol., and does he leave bugs in the corners?

Have you contacted Dyson about it dying? I think you would be surprised on how generous they are on the 5 year warranty. I called after I hit it with the truck. I told her what I did and what parts I needed. She said it was covered by my warranty. I re-explained that it was my fault, she said it didn't matter and sent the parts for free. I don't know if that is the policy or if she is new. Might want to give it a try.

As far as the proteam goes - did you get the powered head for it? I'm curious if they are worth it?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
On the cleaning truck, we have a brand new Sanitaire 888, takes the FG style bags or the new St high filtration bags. Mikey has pointed out that the 887 is a great bagless commercial vac. You can find them for about 195.00 at the right internet store. The solution to no onboard vac is having a small canistar vac for dirty edges and upholstery. In the showroom, we use a kirby Ultimate G series, only because brother was a salesmen. Great Vac.. way overpriced. funky hose attachment but great suction. At my apartment, I've tried a couple from the Eureka Boss, which kept cloggin up. the dirt Devil Envision, poor suction. And currenlty the 48.00 dollar bissel, Bissel has great suction, bagless, easy to clean out filters. Only downfall is a screwdriver is needed to replace the belt. But it gets the job done with two dogs running around and saves me on paying for bags. (usually three dumps compared to filling up one bag every week.) It gets the job done and I'm satisfied with it. Other vacs I've used include original Eureka Sanitarie design. (still works great and is on the install truck.) Oreck XL-- great vac for flat weave rugs. and sucking up after the rug badger, (hey we still have 60 free bags to use up when they let us have one for free). I tried the bagless hoover. I liked it but it filled very quickly. I like the dysons, but I've seen them destroy a carpet in a few years. For the hell of it, here a "few links"

http://www.pro-team.com/vacuums/default ... &id=104301

You know they make an upright Marty with a hose attachment.

Dare I post this link:

http://www.carpet-rug.org/residential-c ... manuf_id=0

http://www.sanitairevac.com/

The walmart specials:

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng ... ry=vacuums
and

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng ... ue=237_All

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bissel Cyclone Momentum
under a hundred bucks

It will out suck every vac on the market.

when it breaks, you throw it away and buy a new one

or buy the $49 Bissel for empties, rat holes and dog houses
The only draw back to the Powerforce Bissel is cleaning filters.
The Cyclone Momentum is nearly filterless and much less monkeying around with filters

and buy a $400-$700 dollar trendy plastic vac to use in "clean" residential if you want

..L.T.A.

The Preacher

i was happy with the 1st generation CFR/Powrflite 8lbs vac. that thing would clean some rug, just hope you didn't suck up a pennie or the fan blade was toast.

i like the sanitares and the cheepos LArree Crap pimps every day.

PS i bet when BAWb Valter blacked out for a few seconds on Sunday, LArr used his five finger dicount to git a "new" vac from BAwb, and it's sucking sect 8's as we speek!!!

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I have two Dysons. I use the DC17 Animal everyday and really like it(2yrs). We recently purchased a DC14 and it has good suction. The DC17 will on ocassion distort some fibers but the DC14 is entirely different and couldn't hurt anything. I still perfer the 17.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Danny Strickland said:
LArr used his five finger dicount to git a "new" vac from BAwb, and it's sucking sect 8's as we speek!!!

that cheap hoover wouldn't last a month in the sec 8 rehabs

fo-reel, we ABUSE the chit out of them Bissels

..L.T.A.

tim

the proteam upright is a great little vacuum, on board attachments and hose for edging, etc..Consumer Reports says the Hoover anniversary edition windtunnel is the best of all the models tested including the dyson. They do make a powerhead for the proteam backpacks.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Alot of "perception" of what bagless vacs pick up because of what you SEE coming out.

Heard has it that Dyson voids carpet warranties. The suction is great on Dyson but brushroll/agitation isn't the greatest. Put certain items on ground and the Dyson brushroll will not pick up quite a few of them. The agitation may be ok but the design of the brushroll is not the greatest. It is the only bagless vac we recommend. Paper filters clean every day and replace probably once a month if using vacuum all day. Paper filters if replaced as frequent as you should to keep suction at peak, you spend more than you would on bags almost.

We almost regret selling Dyson's. They are made so cheap and WAY overpriced. Should be priced at half of what they are. Easy things break on them and are expensive, some not easy fixes. Weird repairs on them. Dyson USUALLY is terrible with customer service/warranty issues. Warranty story I read is UNHEARD of. We only sell if customer will not listen to anything else, I only want a friggin Dyson because MY SISTER Mary Jane or my Sister's mom's cousin's brother said IT IS the best vacuum out there. Sure m'am, would you like an Oreck with that also??

Sanitaire is a great vac. Stick with the metal body, Mikey's classic Dust cup or with a bag. We have seen a few electrical/wiring issues with the Plastic body ones, but not many. They are FAMOUS for the classic metal body. Great suction. Just BEWARE of breaaking plastic fan blade right on base if you are picking up pennies, rocks and other things. And no attachments.

Kirby is double priced, cheaply made with ssome plastic parts. Stole their design from ROYAL!!...Royal...great pick up, bad filtering like Kirby. No attachments. Royal plastic body vacuums, Eminence are awesome!!!

Stick with Sanitaire, no Eureka plastic bodies.

Oreck ONLY on commercial. It is called the hotel vacuum for a reason. Soft brushes, low profile carpet. Try pet hair on thicker carpet with Oreck. Nothing

If you want lightweight, go Riccar or Commercial Royal 8lb. No attachments. Bigger fan, better suction! Cheaper.

Oreck again is also uping pricing and lowering quality. Stay away from David.

If you are using yourself and/or will take care of them, look into a mid line Riccar or Commercial Riccar $250-$600 or my choice for mid range would be Gray Royal Eminence for only carpet. STURDY plastic and great vac!!!!...$299 and with attacments.

Panasonic will not hold up as well as Riccar.

No one here has EVER metioned FUELLER BRUSH I don't think!!! Great vac but not really sturdy plastic. Commercial model does but no attachments and $299

Lindhaus/Sebo/Miele/Riccar for home personal Use

We don't sell Pro Team but fix alot of faulty/bad wiring and electrical issues on them. I would stay away. Royal and Pro team do make decent back packs though.

If you aren't going to take care of have techs. Anything metal has no attachments so live with lower quality Wal-Mart stuff and clean the filters EVERY day and replace once a year, probably more. Or get a good Royal or Riccar, teach them to take care of them somewhat and replace every 3 years. And have a better performing vacuum.

Jordan

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Jordan, Surely you are aware that there are different roller/brush systems on the Dysons? The 17 Animal is so aggessive that you need to be careful on certain carpets. Have you used one for more than 2 minutes on your showroom floor?
In 2 yrs of use on a daily basis I have only had one problem and that was operator error. Got to close to a plastic bag and it got stuck in the roller and stripped the cogged belt. Dyson sent me a new belt and roller at no charge even though it is not waranted for commercial use.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have been using the Dyson dc14 purple for about 2.5 years now and have not put a penny into it....
great vacuum..very dependable...about every 2 months I take it apart and flush out all the champers and let it dry and put it all back together and it is like buying a new vacuum again....

FYI...amazon and ebay have them brand new for a few hundred less then most department stores

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I said aggression of brushroll was fine...but lots of companies DESIGN there brushrolls different. I.e the conversion brushroll on a Lindhaus...NOTHING can escape the brushroll once it gets into it.

Well we service many Dyson's and use them for hours and not just two minutes

Some have been lemons and they warranty they whole vacuum and just send a new one. We just haven't been real impressed. Whenever we aren't busy, we test and compare vacuum all the time. Lift, CFM, durability, pick up on diff. kinds of carpets, diff. kinds of things to pick up, easibility...all that.

Also if they void warranty, do you want a vacuum that does that?

Well the customer service stories sound good here.

Our customers have been VERY dis-satisfied with basic issues and so have we. Are you guys telling them to fix it or you'll wreak havoc or what?? We have gotten pretty stern with them.

And some may be operator error sure but other vacuums we have and sell hold up to alot of the things that are breaking on Dyson.

A few hundred dollars less then I might buy one. Actually we have taken then home and just aren't impressed. Maybe you guys are getting the "Super" models...I wouldn't ever buy one.

The guy that makes Dyson is the same guy that made the Fantom bagless. He said after he sold 1 million or something he was done. Don't know if he is going to do that with Dyson. I bet they are out after a while.

If they are a good buy pick one up. It is the only bagless we will sell.

Walt

jstucky said:
Well the customer service stories sound good here.

Our customers have been VERY dis-satisfied with basic issues and so have we. Are you guys telling them to fix it or you'll wreak havoc or what?? We have gotten pretty stern with them.

And some may be operator error sure but other vacuums we have and sell hold up to alot of the things that are breaking on Dyson.

Either they treat consumers differently than retailors

or

their records show that I bought mine at costco and know that costco will take the whole thing back and give me a refund. Then costco will ship it back to them. They really don't want that.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Been using the Cleartrak since 95. Its brush won't hurt the carpet. It comes with a hose on the back, plus other hose attachments.
You can get a new one (blemished-but that's not a problem with these) for about $330, free shipping. CHeap to run, easy to fix.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom