Vacuum comparisions Mytee U12 Vs. Sanitaire SC877

Bob Foster

Myteevac.gif

sanitaire887.jpg

These two vacuums look very similar so I am wondering if anyone has used the Mytee yet.

This particular model of Sanitaire is known to be one of the most preferred vacuums for our industry. The Mytee appears to be a private branding of the same unit.

What''s the difference between the two?
How about replacement part price and availability?
Are the belts and brushes interchangeable between brands?

http://www.sanitairevac.com/commercial/ ... /sc887.jsp

http://www.mytee.com/products/product.php?id=U12-DC

Name
John LaBarbera
There are alot of good up-right vacs on the market. I agree that Sanitaire is among the best, and has a great reputation. How much do they cost now?

The Mytee has a die cast metal chassis. I like it, but the plastic ones seems to be pretty reliable too. We have a 50' detachable extension cord, the Sanitaire I believe has a 50' cord end. Like Mikey says they are very similar. We offer it thru our dist. for $209.00.

I think either one would please most professionals. People buy vacs for different reasons, some prefer a household one others a two motor commercial. And there is a bunch in between. I think having a choice and personal preference is a good thing.

John

Mikey P

Administrator
At one point John offered to send me his for a another round of MBSOA testing..

I think he may have regretted saying that :shock:

Bob Foster

Thanks for the info John. The nice thing about a plastic housing should be that the vacuum would be lighter. We already carry enough other stuff into our jobs so that is a plus.

Let me publicly state that I used to have a less positive view of your company and I have grown to understand from your actions that you are actually a very positive influence on our industry. You now have my respect.

Thanks again for your work on the sprayer.

All you other big manufacturers take note!

Bob Foster

SMOOOCH! I stated in a thread several months ago that I thought Mytee were knock off artists.

They are better than that and the way John dealt with the sprayer proved that.

Grant D

The first appears to be a Koblenz. I don't like the way they review vacuums but they did note the Koblenz model they tested was very very loud.

Isn't the problem with these dirt cup vacs that they don't filter the air very well? Plus doesn't some air escape out of where the dirt cup attaches? I'd be all over units like these if there was a way to get hepa filtration with them.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Boy Brian I did get robbed. See what happens when you support your local business. Bought it at a vacuum shop well it is only tax deduct able.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom