Vacuum Gauge

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So do these things go bad often? I put new belts on my machine and then the vac gauge was reading 17. I loosened up the vac relief and now I'm dry time issues. The gauge is hooked up right next to the blower. My relief valve is on the waste tank. It's a hydramaster gauge.

Thanks

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
my relief valve is working. When I loosen it and it is sucking a lot of air the gauge is showing 15. My little 22hp is not sounding like it even has a load on it. this is why I'm questioning the gauge.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I've replaced one in 25 years but that's because the mineral oil leaked out. The glass somehow broke.
Pretty reliable item. Maybe the new belts are slipping.

Gene

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Well found the problem. Went out there to clean the relief valve and noticed the gauge was stuck on 7. Time to get a new gauge. This one is less than 2 years old. Hydramaster gauge from Jon Don. They don't make things like they used to.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Louis, there is one thing you might try before replacing the gauge. I had a vac gauge that read funny. I found a little rubber plug on the back of the gauge. When I pried it gently to one side with a tiny screwdriver the gauge needle returned to zero. Apparently the pressure inside the gauge had got out of kilter, and allowing the pressure to equalize fixed it. If your gauge has a similar plug its worth a try...

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I ordered a new liquid filled gauge. This one was not filled.

I will check the back of it tomorrow and see if it has that plug. At least it might get it to work until I install the new one.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
How do you clean the vac relief, Jim?

The Clean Machine

normally they just unscrew off where they are mounted above the blower....once I get them off I normally take the nuts off the springs and disassemble the entire thing...clean it up really good..little lube/grease...and put it all back together and reset it back to where you want it.......

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I put the new liquid filled vacuum gauge on today. Wow was that other gauge off. Now I want a bigger motor to drive this blower. I have a 22hp kohler with 45 blower. Now you can hear the motor working. Thinking of buying a 25 hp write off before the end of the year.

Reactions: dgardner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom