van is out for repair.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
well, couldn't take it any longer, van needed a ton of stuff fixed and so it will be gone all day today and all day tomarrow.

front tires,
alignment
inner tie rod end drivers side
new spark plugs
new fuel tank
new e brake hardware kit ordered (one side doesn't work)
new rear brake pads (ceramic, because they wear instead of eating the rotors which are 100+ EACH)

and in two weeks it gets.

new blower motor for the van, one I have now works intermittently
e brake hardware installed
e brake cables installed

So with all this being done I should be good for a while, the van only has 72,000 miles on it. but winters are such a pain in the ass up here. salt eats everything.

last year had all calipers changed, new front rotors and pads, rear pads, transmission flush, coolant system flush replaced some coil packs that were dying

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
J

JS41035

Wow. What year is that. That's. Ton of trouble for 72000 miles

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
its all maintenance, its a 2004 that I have upgraded so It looks like a 2009, upgraded from glass headlights to the plastic ones that take the compact bulb, old ones were just to dim. also got rid of the aluminum center hub caps and got the newer plastic looking ones. this pic is two years old. so doesn't have the upgrades on it yet.

everying Ive had done is all typical maintenance around here. coolant doesn't last forever, and transmission flush is kinda mandatory when your hauling stuff all the time because the additives get burnt up and new tranny fluid doesn't hurt.

calipers are all duel piston, a couple had a slow piston, so it was a safety issure for those.
also had rear axel fluid changed, because of the weight I haul and it needed done.

View attachment 4944

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I hope your getting a deal on all those parts and labor because you might end up being 5-6000 from just buying a 2009 van if you are going with all new oem parts.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
A 2007 Ford E150 that I drive almost every day has 134000 miles and so far oil, oil filter, air filter and brake pads (multiple times) and rotors twice on all four. And of course tires 3 times on all 4 wheels.

Nothing else has been worked on or broke down. I'm actually pretty surprized how it held up. Butthe truth is, this is SoCal: very little rain (too little) never snow/salt and all that nonsense, so I think that help too keep them running.

Edit: I did have the tranny flushed at 35000 miles.

Last edited:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
out with the old in with the new.

rudepahu.jpg
uba3utuq.jpg

Name
Lee Stockwell
I marked the van floor for the eventual fuel pump replacement. Much easier in most cases than dropping the tank etc etc.

Another victim of salted northern roads.

J

JS41035

2008 gmc 2500. 139000 miles. 1 set of brake pads. 1 battery. 3 sets of tires. Nothin else.
I drive easy peezy though.

Chris A

Name
Chris
2008 gmc 2500. 139000 miles. 1 set of brake pads. 1 battery. 3 sets of tires. Nothin else.

Is that a pto van? If so that's impressive as I've got quite a small list of replaced parts on my 80,000 mile and 4000 hour rig

J

JS41035

Hah no way man. It's got a Prochem 405. No fresh water tank. The 99 chevy with a pro2000 in it did get 190000 and 6000+ hours out of the stock engine.
Carrying fresh water eats tires,brakes and transmissions.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Yeah I had to change the tank because it has a hole in it the fuel pump I didn't change but it's going to be soon I also changed the fuel filter and all the spark plugs got an alignment two new tires front right tie. Rod end, oh and new fuel tank straps.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

Are you driving around in flat areas? I drive the van easy too....slow acceleration and easy on the brakes...but in my areas, its all uphill or downhill.

J

JS41035

Western KY is pretty flat. In a big city or up in the mountains I'm sure it would be harder on things.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom