Van Security / Alarm Systems - which do you use (if any)?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
looking to get another one. what do you fellas recommend?

the ones that beep like crazy when someone touches it? since i live in a mobile home park, that might be every night :oops: :? :x

is there any that inform you in your home, and are these a better option for when i am sleeping?

what choices are there out there?

thanx --- Derek.

C

Carpet Dude

I installed an alarm a while ago (2yrs?) If you touch it it goes off.......you can set the sensitivity on most car alarms.....mine is well balanced hardly ever goes off while parked somewhere unless touched hard enough.

Or you can but up a nice visible sign on your window announcing "Hungry Python guarding this vehicle"

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
There are alot of options to go with
everything is pending on what you are trying to achieve

Buy reading your post if that is the only problem you are trying to solve then Try the Python alarm system

This is what I run on my personal truck

If some one bumps it instead of going off it will only give 3 load waring chirps. If anything more aggressive than a bump happens it sets itself off and puts my truck into a shut down

It is one of the best systems around it has alot of options that can be added if need.........

from all the home work I have done with alarm systems I have found that a good unit it going to warn someone first........
once they are warned then they can decide if it is worth it to them or not to go any further.........
If some one breaks into your truck and then sets off the alarm the damage is already done....the 3 chirp warning system is the best...........

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have 2 inlaws that are in the home security system business. I asked them if there was a way to somehiw extend my homes system to my truck by using a contact with it, so what we did is take a cheap universal door contact and wired it to the dome light of my truck, now if any of the doors are opened once the system is armed its going to make all sorts of racket. mind you this only works while the truck is in my driveway, which is really all I worry about is hoodlums roaming at night. but $20 for a door contact is well worth it IMO

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
lol , the Club.

thanx fellas.

went to circuit city tonite and they installed the Python 700...took 90 minutes.

thanx for the recommendation Jim
thumb.gif
--- Derek.

Attachments

• thumb.gif
    thumb.gif
    139 bytes · Views: 152
  • thumb.gif
    thumb.gif
    139 bytes · Views: 145

Katherine22

Re: Van Security / Alarm Systems - which do you use (if any)

Wireless alarm systems are useful to protect residential homes of people throughout New Zealand. There are a number of different types of alarms and services that people can invest, including burglar alarms, alarms and alarms that offer cheap combined protection of law without a high price. It is entirely up to you to find what you want and need when it comes to getting the wireless alarm system for your right at home. If you do not know where to start, a little research to help make your decision easier.

Alarmanlagen

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville

I'm sure all the Kiwi's will apreciate the above post for their "Whare". shiteatinggrin

Ooroo,

akgolfpro

I picked up a blinking red LED light on E-Bay for $5 installed it in bout 5 Min! I also picked up some Clifford alarm stickers on E-Bay and placed them on my windows and the combination of the two should take care of 99% of problems, but if I have a problem I will just call my Insurance!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom