Vans with windows.

G

Why is it that Stanley Steemer ® uses vans with windows instead of regular cargo vans? Even in their advertisements they show window vans.

Most of the time when someone uses a window van as a work truck they tint the windows black, but SS buys doesn't tint theirs.

Any SS's on the board??

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Cuz when yous got every Tom Dick and Harry driving your truck...if they can SEE when they back up....there are a lot LESS accidents! Stoopie!

I see me and Mr Sutley are agreein' a lot more lately......

marty... you is gonna be jus lik ME when ya grow up...?

G

I understand the visibility thing, but with modern technology back up cameras are common place.

I was just wondering if there were other reasons.

and STFU bob.

1600 rpms indeed, might as well be running a 33 instead of a 47!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Chris Connor said:
I

1600 rpms indeed, might as well be running a 33 instead of a 47!

yep.
He spins the 45 blower that SLOW too.

as far a windows in the SS vans, i figure like the others.
It's easier and safer for an inexperienced driver.

That's my "guess" anyway

..L.T.A.

G

At least it makes them keep the back of the truck organized. and they have to clean the windows inside and out. I don't think i've ever seen a dirty SS truck.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Windows and yellow color to make them look similar to school buses. This may have some subliminal association to 'trust' with homeowners.

Paint your rig red and add a light bar.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Larry..why does it bother you so much the speed at which my blower spins.....if you'll pay for a NEW blower for me...i'll be happy to spin it at any speed yous say....

Do i tell YOU which sparkly bright object ta throw in the wadder to catch yor fishees....NOOOOOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco

Rambo

All the SS in my area have the back windows blocked with "24 hour WD restoration" and they are getting a lot of it.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My van is white and the subliminal marketing message is that I am God like.

SS people are so stupid.
Talked to one at a gas station and asked him what kind of machine etc.
He told me he didn't know and that some guy fills up his solution jug before he goes in the morning.

Becker

Name
Becker
Yes, here they have lettering on windows also, But it looks like that stuff with the tiny little holes so you can see though it.

I have a 06 E350 XLT with windows. I love it. My windows are darkly tinted, for the next van I'd go either way. Both have pros and cons, but I'd lean toward another window van.

I've owned 4 cargo type, 2 had no windows at all. YUCK!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
bob vawter said:
Larry..why does it bother you so much the speed at which my blower spins.....

Do i tell YOU which sparkly bright object ta throw in the wadder to catch yor fishees....NOOOOOO!

"why does it bother you so much "

doesn't bother "me" at all, Pops.
if you want a weak suck low CFM vac pump, have at it.

"Do i tell YOU which sparkly bright object ta throw in the wadder to catch yor fishees....NOOOOOO!"

I figger that's only cause you don't have the sightest clue about fly fishing
Or I'm SURE you'd be interjecting yore wizdumb.....

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Well lets "pretend" that you is correct about that suck theory of yours....how much do yous think i need wit a 04 flow.....?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
is it a Roots?
if so, aren't they rated at MAX 3600rpm @ 15hg?

I've been running mine at 2800 to 3100 for years and years.
Never ever had a blower failure in 17+ years.

One blower went 12,000 hrs before i retired the TM

never used anything buy 90wt gear oil in them either and grease the bearings "semi" regularly.

how many blowers have you ever broke???

..L.T.A.

G

running it at 1600 rpms is like driving your car without using the gas pedal. Then again, bob never worries about dry times in the hood. The "walking papers" is kinda like post padding.

It does save him on gas though.

John Watson

A cleaner in our area has a white window van without any lettering at all. Just the dark tinted glass. He mainly does restaurants and commercial.

I was asked to bid on some of his accounts when I asked what price range they were now paying , I was told .15, but they were looking for less. I told them sorry, mine started at .25 but, for the greasy ones we normally charge .35 to .40. No I don't do many greasy spoons or Chinese joints.

duckster

The Great Oz said:
Windows and yellow color to make them look similar to school buses. This may have some subliminal association to 'trust' with homeowners.

Paint your rig red and add a light bar.

They look like the short buses to me. That speaks volumes.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Here in Cali, window vans are classified by the DMV as non-commercial vehicles, cargo as commercial. It is considerably cheaper to register and insure a non-commercial vehicle....here at least!

Take care,
Lisa

duckster

truckmount girl said:
Here in Cali, window vans are classified by the DMV as non-commercial vehicles, cargo as commercial. It is considerably cheaper to register and insure a non-commercial vehicle....here at least!

Take care,
Lisa

Isn't there an advantage to parking if you have commercial plates? I know my son had the 4x4 that I bought him in California changed to a commercial plate because it is illegal to put so much as a shoe in the bed of a non-commercial truck in California. Paid off when he went to court here in Oregon for parking in a commercial only zone. Might be a Cali plate but Oregon says commercial is commercial.

My cargo van (has the cage) has windows in the back and on the right side. Oh, forgot - it has that front annoying window that lets you see what you are going to hit. :lol:

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
There is no advantage to parking in California. There are no commercial only zones, at least that I have ever seen, and I've lived here my whole life.

With pick-ups, you cannot haul anything and still register it as non-commercial, but with vans that rule does not apply, mine was registered non-commercial the whole time I had it, and it was lettered and had a TM installed in it.

Take care,
Lisa

John Buxton

I had a 350 Ford extended window van w/ a butler in it. It was great to have all that light. I had the white vinyl with the small holes to cover the windows and regular decals over that. It looked good plus it came with all the options like rear air and heat, power locks and windows, cloth captains chairs, great stereo.

The cargo van I have now has cheap vinyl seats, and no power anything.

duckster

You can put those decals on the windows that block viewing from the outside but permit the driver to see. Make sure they are the same color as the van paint.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom