Vape? Is that a Millennial Habit?

Credits
It was definitely, probably was consuming 6-8 shots of liquor per night plus plenty of beers in between. up until I was about 30yrs old

Village Idiot
Credits
Again, did you need to do that?

I worked in bars for a lot of my younger years and consumed at least that much. Hell occasionally I still do.

I have never once felt I needed to do so or suffered withdrawal from not doing so.

I realize that some people do. I don't attribute it to a "weak mind" though.

Which of the withdrawal symptoms did you find hardest to cope with?

Last edited:
Credits
any withdrawals from any addiction you can suffer through, some you need a doctors help like people who are extremely alcoholic or heroin users..

but still its all a choice. I dont mean to offend anyone by saying its weakness, its kind of a rude way to put it... but it is what it is.

Some people are mentally stronger than others and are able to refuse the urge, even if it means being really sick for a few weeks or a month

Credits
Think of a very obese person whos health is at risk... turns out the magic weight loss cure isnt some pill, all you have to do is eat less. If you have nothing to eat you lose weight very rapidly, yet most obese people choose to continue to eat themselves to death while blaming genetics.

Its not easy to lose weight, but it takes a lot of mental strength.

Village Idiot
Credits
What causes the addiction in the first place? What separates me from addicts besides them being weak? Why can I drink like a fish with no tendency toward addiction?

It sounds like the only addiction you have had wasn't actually an addiction and the only withdrawal symptoms you suffered from your non-addiction was probably some legal fees.

You did what millions of graduating college kids do every year. Quit binge drinking. Congrats.

they weren't addict/alcoholics either

Are those physiological changes they observe in addicts the "weak" you speak of?

Last edited:
Credits
Actually Fred Ive had 4 friends die from opioid overdose all people I was very good friends with after high school and I watched them go downhill.

but the addiction starts somewhere, its not like they began out of nowhere as full blown addicts with extreme withdrawal symptoms if they quit... it progresses over time and could have been stopped anywhere along the way.

Weak is a bad way of putting it, I get that... but if they had the "mental strength" to understand what they were doing to themselves and their families they could have had the "strength" to quit.

Credits
It really depends on whether you have a disorder or not. That why modern science calls them substance abuse disorde, not addiction or dependency. It really depends on the circumstances.

My father is an example. Having PTSD, bipolor, ACE, and paronoia, the condition was perfect that led to serious fixation on cigarettes, meth and various that was destructive despite the support he had. As result, he died young.

Is cigarettes your coping mechanism? Is drinking your coping mechanism? If not, and ya did it to look cool then you may not be addicted. Just dependant which is easier to kick.

Credits
It really depends on whether you have a disorder or not. That why modern science calls them substance abuse disorde, not addiction or dependency. It really depends on the circumstances.

My father is an example. Having PTSD, bipolor, ACE, and paronoia, the condition was perfect that led to serious fixation on cigarettes, meth and various that was destructive despite the support he had. As result, he died young.

Is cigarettes your coping mechanism? Is drinking your coping mechanism? If not, and ya did it to look cool then you may not be addicted. Just dependant which is easier to kick.
Some studies indicate that some people are genetically predisposed to addiction.

Credits
some people just also have very addictive personalities in general. They find something fun to do, then they do it repeatedly over and over until its not fun anymore and literally making them miserable and pissing them off.

Credits
My wife smoked 2 pack a day......12 years ago when she was at the bank.....her boss had a mobile wellness truck stop bye her office. They had Exray.....and the guy couldn't believe that she smoked all that time and told her that her lungs looked great.......
She never smoked another cigarette since!

Credits
My wife smoked 2 pack a day......12 years ago when she was at the bank.....her boss had a mobile wellness truck stop bye her office. They had Exray.....and the guy couldn't believe that she smoked all that time and told her that her lungs looked great.......
She never smoked another cigarette since!
Yeah I used to have a pair of x-ray spectacles too.

Supportive Member
Credits
I grew up watching Marlboro Man watching cartoons on Saturday, and Skoal & Cope chewing commercials.....how many of you the same, do you remember them?
I have battled nicotine my whole life, I think it just has a lot to do with ones youth honestly, I chewed out of rebellion and I actually like.
Dumb things we do as kids that hook us for life.....no different than the dumb ass beer commercials that are targeting my 16 year old boy right now. 6 pack of beer, and dam you have 2-4 HOT BABES hanging all over you.
Vaping is great for a older person needing help to quit.......but it is the NEW POISON for the youth no flipping doubt.

Credits
I grew up watching Marlboro Man watching cartoons on Saturday, and Skoal & Cope chewing commercials.....how many of you the same, do you remember them?
I have battled nicotine my whole life, I think it just has a lot to do with ones youth honestly, I chewed out of rebellion and I actually like.
Dumb things we do as kids that hook us for life.....no different than the dumb ass beer commercials that are targeting my 16 year old boy right now. 6 pack of beer, and dam you have 2-4 HOT BABES hanging all over you.
Vaping is great for a older person needing help to quit.......but it is the NEW POISON for the youth no flipping doubt.
Our media really influences how we behave. I notice that a lot of young women are smoking these days. Not as many young men. I think that the tobacco companies are using things like social media and product placement to expand their market since they can't use mainstream media anymore.

Credits
My moms best friend lived next door to us while I was growing up. She and I were close. Both she and her husband smoked. As a toddler, and until first grade, I’d go to her house to have coffee and a cigarette. ( I’d smoke a pencil and my coffee was half coffee and milk with sugar)

So, naturally, I smoked as a teen.

But gave it up in my 20’s.

Credits
My moms best friend lived next door to us while I was growing up. She and I were close. Both she and her husband smoked. As a toddler, and until first grade, I’d go to her house to have coffee and a cigarette. ( I’d smoke a pencil and my coffee was half coffee and milk with sugar)

So, naturally, I smoked as a teen.

But gave it up in my 20’s.
But, do you still drink coffee?

MB Exclusive.
Credits
The last time he quit, he was in the hospital with what he thought was a very severe backache. He told me then that he was done smoking for sure this time. He was right.... as he never left the hospital. He died of cancer two weeks later.
It was five years and 14 days go and I still miss Ken and still think about all he did for so many of us. Thank you for staying with us Brian; it still helps those of us who counted Ken as a friend feel like a part of him is here.

Latest posts