VCT Problem

diamond brian

Somebody stepped onto VCT floor before wax dried. How do I get rid of foot prints? Tried 175 and white pad but no results.

Name
Lee Stockwell
It depends. Sometimes you can spray buff it out.

Otherwise a green nylon doodlebug pad and very mild and very carefully applied stripper solution.

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
I wouldn't use stripper yet. Like Lee said try to buff it out but with progressively darker pads. I would go up to a green or blue pad on your 175 and see what happens.

F

FB7777

Do you have an electric 2000RPM burnisher?

If you have access to one, get a hair pad and spray buff the areas with 1 part water and 1 part of the floor finish you applied

You will have to then burnish the entire floor but if you used a quality UHS finish the floor will look great

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Probably not going to buff out but its worth a shot. Re-stripping is the only guranteed fix. Spot stripping and blending may do it but if its all the way across the room a full strip or deep scrub is probably easier.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
buffing foot prints from wax :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

uhhh on a molecular level, thats like the fookin grand canyon...what coat # was it??

with that said...i have done this once, and it sucked

tape it off, or use towels and square it.....use a sponge or some other controlled way to put stripper down..., use a doodle bug pad by hand and work it around....either soak up with towels or use a wet vac and squeege to clean it up.....use wet towels as rinse, about 3 then put finish on with a towel, or sponge may work....use the light to find where and get as close as you can to it , then do the last coat and over lap 6"-12"....then buff

how many foot prints???

kick someones ass for walking on it...and MAYBE charge them....depends on how good of acct

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Unless they're your footprints or your crew's footprints: Charge for the repair.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Jeremy said:
Unless they're your footprints or your crew's footprints: Charge for the repair.

thankfully never has happened in 16 yrs....

and if it does...i will kick the living shit right outa my worker...and they know it to :x :x :x :x :x :x

on 1 job, i even looked through security footage to find the bastard....and i couldnt...who ever left prints, was not on film :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
aerosol stripper once the print is up scrub the whole area with a red pad and good cleaner before applying wax to prevent discoloring when you apply finish coat a good portion of the area surrounding it with finish as well.

We did a big facility in sections and one of the guys decided to park the 175 we were stripping with on previously finished area and you could see the round shape in the finish after cleaning, just dark enough that everyone would notice and that is what we did

F

FB7777

not knowing the severity of the impressions or quantity, I would still start with an initial hand scrub of the foot prints, light overlapping re-coat and burnish

You can always spot strip as a last resort, but seeing how its new finish, blending it should not be a problem

and Doug Payne , save the 'molecular level' BS for the non janitors, its a fricken vinyl comp tile... it ain't that difficult :mrgreen:

diamond brian

OK. Spray-buffed with 2000 rpms and white pad and foot prints went away. Customer (deacon of church where work was performed) very satisfied--even at the molecular level.

Printed all your comments and gave to customer. Made me look like a saint for not reaming him or charging him extra.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
if the foot print spray buffed out I would think all really had was a dirty foot print were someone stepped on the wax that was set up but not fully dry

If it not to bad, put some floor finish on the spot, rub it around with a doodle bug pad. The floor finish should make the finish on the floor a little soft, then you can smooth it out with a microfiber mop head, than propane buff it when it has set up
we do this where a rubber tire has made a spot on the floor that you can't clean off

This will work with a good wax that has good repairability qualities like Pioneer Equinox but probably wont work as well with Johnson and Spartan products, or Betco's Hard as Nails

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
pfred said:
not knowing the severity of the impressions or quantity, I would still start with an initial hand scrub of the foot prints, light overlapping re-coat and burnish

You can always spot strip as a last resort, but seeing how its new finish, blending it should not be a problem

and Doug Payne , save the 'molecular level' BS for the non janitors, its a fricken vinyl comp tile... it ain't that difficult :mrgreen:

I am just saying....you fook up wax at just the wrong time, and its like a HUGE hole...

it pushes some up and indents it down...

so bit eme....i like sounding smart on some thing :p :p :p :p :p :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom