VCT Question

Jamesh921

Name
James
I have an acct with a retirement center. In one of their units they have vct in the kitchen, bath and utility room. The rooms are all connected. They want only the kitchen stripped and waxed. What's the best way to strip and wax the kitchen and make it blend in with the other rooms?
I use a 175 and a black pad to strip with. How do you guys keep the stripper from splattering onto the floor of the other rooms that won't get stripped?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Duct tape and plastic. Best if the transition is under a door. I hate to do it that way, but it has worked well.

Thanks,
Lee

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Give me a ring I'll tell you how o cut a line in finish... It's too much to type.
812-754-1447

Ryan

Lee Stockwell said:
Duct tape and plastic. Best if the transition is under a door. I hate to do it that way, but it has worked well.

Thanks,
Lee

This is what I do too. Make sure the duct tape is sealed tightly or your stripper can leak underneath it causing a nasty duct tape wide line.

TimP

I'd do the duct tape route. you can also take some foam blocks and use them to prop your duct tape up like studs in walls to make a dam across the door.

mestizo

Hey James,

You can take your doodlebug scrub pad and pre-strip the entryway by hand before you strip the entire room. Just do enough area so when you do strip the floor you won't get any slurry spray in the other room. A little extra work, just be careful not to let the stripper leak into the other room. Duct tape and plastic also works.

Mike

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom