VCT Quote

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I went to clean 3 little offices today and this account just had the vct done. It was shiny, but it was a bad job. The lady was going off about how bad it was. So she looks at me and asks if I do tile and wanted a quote. So I measure it out.
9500 SF Dammmm thats a lot of vct.

They do a strip & wax once a year and then clean, buff and wax at 6 months.
I have only done jobs that are 2 to 3k sf before.

What do you think???

Thank You

Ryan

Whats bad about it? Did the finish puddle or get dirt in it?

You may be able to scrub it down with black pads and a little stripper mixed in a auto scrubber and recoat it.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
lots of missed wax spots and hair in the wax. It looks like they started waxing before the first coat was dry. They want a quote for next time. They are just going to live with it for now.

Ryan

If its an open area I would charge about $1700 should take about 8 hours or so with the right equipment and two guys.

Name
Danny Strickland
Ryan said:

You may be able to scrub it down with black pads and a little stripper mixed in a auto scrubber and recoat it.

yore not that fooking stoopit, are you???

Ryan

Preacher said:
Ryan said:

yore not that fooking stoopit, are you???

By a little I mean a LITTLE and rinse it out with vinegar water when your done. I haven't had a problem out of either of my auto scrubbers in two years of doing that.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I just did 4500 sq ft for $950, I was high bid

the lady probably got the job she paid for, it is impossible not to have a hair here or there in the finish

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
with most finishes these days hair will burnish out. only problem is excessive hair. and thats why i dont do hair salons anymore.

Ryan

Preacher said:
strip it right, or don't bother!!!

HACk! :roll:

It doesn't need to be "stripped right" every time. When I get done the floor always looks clear and glossy, as long as I get a check and a repeat custy I could care less what some dude on MB thinks :mrgreen:

Ryan

dealtimeman said:
with most finishes these days hair will burnish out. only problem is excessive hair. and thats why i dont do hair salons anymore.

Yeah I hear ya there. The key to doing hair salons is to spend the first hour with a shop vac getting hair out of every nook and cranny you can find. You can explain that you have to do that and usually get them to pay a little more for it too.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Good floor squeegees are critical in hair salons. Strip, rinse, squeegee dry, rinse and squeegee again. Inspect closely.

Let floor dry completely before first coat of finish.

Name
Danny Strickland
Ryan said:
Preacher said:
strip it right, or don't bother!!!

HACk! :roll:

It doesn't need to be "stripped right" every time. When I get done the floor always looks clear and glossy, as long as I get a check and a repeat custy I could care less what some dude on MB thinks :mrgreen:

to do the job right it needs to be stripped right and the hair removed, not some "hack get by job".

i bet you cut lots of corners when you could do the job right!!!

Ryan

If you will reread the thread I mentioned he should try that before I knew hair was the problem.

Danny if you have a problem with my opinions in the rubber room, why don't you address them in the rubber room? :p

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
screwwwwwwwwwww hair salons....

hey is this 9500 ft broken up or large area???

by broken up i mean carpet areas you have to go over...or is it all connected...with vct halls and other rooms???

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
lots of different rooms but all tile. And its is a beauty school. I can borrow a auto scrubber that should make it a little easier, but it's still 9500 sf.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom