Velcro OP drivers..

Mikey P

Administrator
How often do you OP only guys have to swap out the normal Velcro drivers?

Drivers seem to be the biggest issue with OP machines. I have two different drivers for my Clark machines and a normal Velcro one on the Hurby they lent me. None of them are flawless when it comes to holding all the various pads/bonnets available. The standard blue bristol driver Clark includes with his machines is fine for fiber pads and the Gladiator pads but wont hold pure cotton OP type pads for very long and his new super heavy duty "Velcro" driver rips the living $*@! out of cottons.
The Hruby driver which is just a slightly heavy duty Velcro seems to work but I'm sure it needs to be replaced fairly often.

How about John's drivers?

Rumor has it that he will not be able to get his Velcro much longer.

Whats a Padder to do?

Scott Rogers

As far as the velcro ripping up the cotton, as the velcro loads up with cotton fiber that will be less of a issue. In the mean time pull your pads off slowly. When the velcro start not holding the pads well take a stiff metal brush and clean it. If the velcro starts pulling off the pad reglue it as soon as you see it.

The thing that will fail on the drivers is the drywall screws that hold together the wood ones. When they break you can replace them with through bolts and that will make the driver much stronger.

The plastic brush velcro driver is a remanufactured dirt napper. This is my favorite driver.

The velcro will last a log time if taken care of.

The all brush driver is not a very good driver as you have found out.

hogjowl

Idiot™
So far, I've not had much of a problem with Clarks "hook" style driver ripping the cotton pads up.

But, I am willing to slowly peal them off the driver and not jerk them off like danny on drugs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom