Venmo, CashApp, PayPal?

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
I seem to be getting a request a month or so to pay with Venmo, CashApp, or PayPal. We don’t have any of these set up for the business. I’ve always thought cash, check, or credit gave people enough flexibility but as many requests as I’m getting, I’m wondering. Are any of those better/worse than the others? Do you use them?

Reactions: SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I seem to be getting a request a month or so to pay with Venmo, CashApp, or PayPal. We don’t have any of these set up for the business. I’ve always thought cash, check, or credit gave people enough flexibility but as many requests as I’m getting, I’m wondering. Are any of those better/worse than the others? Do you use them?
I don't use any of them but do a lot of e-transfer. Easy and reliable plus no fees with my bank.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I wouldn't jump for one customer per month that can't qualify for a credit card.

We'll accept oddball payment schemes when one of them becomes a real player, otherwise we'll stick to working with adults.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Those are all third party services and the customer service is terrible.

FredC

Village Idiot
I use all of them. Paypal and venmo the most. No issues so far.....ymmv

Name
Nate W.
If someone pays with Venmo, they can't retract it? So you need to be sure to know the correct account.. So I've been told..

SamIam

Name
sam miller
If someone pays with Venmo, they can't retract it? So you need to be sure to know the correct account.. So I've been told..
I had a guy Venmo me $1700 was supposed to go the painter.

I did work for the father in-law the wife paid venmo, the husband added me too his account too.

And accidentally sent we the money.

I sent it back honest mistake

• Wow
Reactions: Nate The Great

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I like Venmo as it has the lowest fees and easiest to use.
Paypal had a monthly fee, so I closed the account. The Paypal system also made bookkeeping difficult.
I just heard on the radio 4 climbers were air-lifted off of Mt. Shasta. 1 died. Looks like you may have avoided a bad day.

• Wow
Reactions: Papa John

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I like Venmo as it has the lowest fees and easiest to use.
Paypal had a monthly fee, so I closed the account. The Paypal system also made bookkeeping difficult.
PayPal was torment to my bookkeeper. There was a problem getting the info to her every month

Reactions: Papa John

FredC

Village Idiot
:headscratch:

paypal seems really simple from a bookkeeping perspective other than maybe initially finding stuff or possibly setting up with another program.............both things a bookkeeper shouldn't have issue with

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

paypal seems really simple from a bookkeeping perspective other than maybe initially finding stuff or possibly setting up with another program.............both things a bookkeeper shouldn't have issue with
I don’t know if it was using both PayPal credit and different sources of income through paypal that confused the monthly report or how the monthly statements were very different than a basic credit card statement or both.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart

Their varies fees created the need for multiple entries. These fees were all bunched into separate line items and not associated or batched with specific invoices.
I simple perfer how Square and venmo handles the fees.
It just confused things when syncing with quickbooks.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD and SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom