Very weird job today and a first!

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
I had a cleaning job today of a empty house in the country where several Amish families live and farm. When the customer booked the job on Monday he said someone will be there at 10:00 am as per a time we set. What was odd was he said the person opening the door has no cell phone and cell coverage was weak there anyhow. Then he tells me the person meeting will pay me. Well I pull up and what I seen made me giggle it was a Amish buggy and two Amish men building a large shed. I get out and they walk up to me he reach out and shook my hand and I was like eeew to myself his hand were rough and nasty while having a body odor. He shows me the carpets and asks how we clean them, I measure and then walk him out to truck and show him my van while wearing my rain jacket. He was WOW never seen anything like it her says. He watch as I cleaned and was amazed, when I was done I told him the bill was $312.00 and he pulled out a wad of cash. I took the cash and handed him cards and a magnet and went on my way.

P.S. I pulled out down the road pulled over and misted Microban on the cash and my hands...lol

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I had a cleaning job today of a empty house in the country where several Amish families live and farm. When the customer booked the job on Monday he said someone will be there at 10:00 am as per a time we set. What was odd was he said the person opening the door has no cell phone and cell coverage was weak there anyhow. Then he tells me the person meeting will pay me. Well I pull up and what I seen made me giggle it was a Amish buggy and two Amish men building a large shed. I get out and they walk up to me he reach out and shook my hand and I was like eeew to myself his hand were rough and nasty while having a body odor. He shows me the carpets and asks how we clean them, I measure and then walk him out to truck and show him my van while wearing my rain jacket. He was WOW never seen anything like it her says. He watch as I cleaned and was amazed, when I was done I told him the bill was $312.00 and he pulled out a wad of cash. I took the cash and handed him cards and a magnet and went on my way.

P.S. I pulled out down the road pulled over and misted Microban on the cash and my hands...lol

didn't know your were a prima donna Ralph

two of the largest amish communities in the world are near me.
One known as Sugarbush over an hour south west of me and one a half hour north in Middlefield

The Middlefield Amish are seen pretty regular here.
Piling out of a 1 ton extended Ford or Chevy passenger van at Wal-Mart and Sam's, or on the construction job site..
The Amish crews we see here do siding, roofing, framing, etc

they use all top quality modern power tools on the jobs (DeWalt, Bosch, Senco, Bostich, etc)
They might be frugal, but they're not "cheap" and pay top dollar for top stuff.

i know a couple guys that do al'ite hauling amish to and from job sites .
yes, the work crew vans ("Yoader Tote'rs") do have an odor to 'em....:lol:

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Ralph Pastorelli

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Speakin of which, I wonder if Mikey has bathed in the last month with this CA water crisis?

Guess we will find out in FL couple weeks. I'LL bring some extra deodorant and Microban to get him all prettied up before he goes face to face with Rob.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
My water bill at my shop averages about $118 every 3 months about $70 of which is fees and taxes . Lovely NY the tax you to death state . But what I know now i'm a idiot says Marty ..

Reactions: hogjowl

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
That's low. Our is 240 every 3 mo......oops I mean at home. It's a Chesapeake Bay thing....... I guess we are trying to save it for some reason.

All I wanna do really is just save a few more carpets.....some of them are near death at this point.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Geez ours is around $600.00 a month here at the shop. Not sure at home the wife pays the bills at home, its a rural water district but I don't think its too bad.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Our water/sewer bill at home is zero!! :rockon:

Then again we pay $20 a month for potassium chloride plus $7.00 a month for whole house water filter. Oh and that doesn't include having the septic tanks emptied every couple of years to the tune of about $750.

All in all, I wish I was on city water and sewer.:oldrolleyes:

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Geez ours is around $600.00 a month here at the shop. Not sure at home the wife pays the bills at home, its a rural water district but I don't think its too bad.
Wow, do you have a leak somewhere or do all your guys bathe there? I know you're filling the trucks up but how many gallons are you going through?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We refuse cash. Its the devils currency!
:winky:

Seriously we see very little cash. Mostly check and some credit cards. The cash we see is mostly for spotting products and the occasional small rug.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom