veteran rug washer interview

Joe Bristor

I watched an interesting interview this morning on Tom's 'new' rug duster ...

Tom interviewed a long time washer and veteran of the trade, Walter Proodian.
Interesting perspective:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AreaRugWasher

be sure to click on the other related links when done viewing for the whole story.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Tom is a really nice guy and provides a lot of intersting equipment that hasn't been available to the rug cleaning industry for a long time. If you plan on being a high volume rug plant, AND can afford the type of investment, he does product some quality equipment. I'd like to see a Hyde style washing after a rug has gone through Tom's system to prove the effectiveness of the cleaning, but I like his concepts.... Now if I could only win the lottery!

rhyde

Name
rhyde
the wash tub has been available in Europe for a long time i think it fell out of favor because of speed of moore systems. My main objection is that I don't like the idea of co-mingling soiled rugs together but thats just my thing!

I'd love to see testing of cleaning systems & styles ....Moore, Merza,Wash tub, Auserehlian, Hand wash but I doubt it will ever happen.

That said if i was buying new rug cleaning equipment Centrum is the only company I would buy from.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
yup.. I agree about the mingling... thats is a lot of water to dump if you have several urinated or heavily soiled rugs that other rugs would have to stew in. And while the dye lock chemistry they use is somewhat proven, I have a hard time swollowing the pill that no rugs bleed on others.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I think the idea is to separate rugs with problems ...not washing that neon colored afghan rug with a bone white Nepalese rug.

I think he's going to have a setup at connections..it should be fun to check out if i make it this year i'm having a hard time coming up with the 20 bucks admission maybe you guys can pass a can around and help a brother out :roll:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
rhyde said:
I think he's going to have a setup at connections..it should be fun to check out if i make it this year i'm having a hard time coming up with the 20 bucks admission maybe you guys can pass a can around and help a brother out :roll:

Send me that freshly brewed beer closet you have...
and I'll consider it :D

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
rhyde said:
kolfer1 said:
Send me that freshly brewed beer closet you have...
and I'll consider it :D

you'd take medicine away from an old man :shock:

Off course not!
I feel for you. I am not heartless.

I'll trade you for some herbal medicine.
Organic, vegan, catatonic- you name it :|

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom