Video Documentation

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
You people remember those times when you spot damage that youve brought to the customers attention and theyre like, "What !! Howd that happen." or "I didnt know about that." Ugh !! I feel like an idiot running around pointing every defect from the carpet to the hard wood floor to the scuffed up walls and baseboards.

Im thinking maybe attaching a camera to my vacuum cleaner to pick up these issues. So when the call does come in, just have them log on to my site and veiw the footage. Id like to mount a camera on my freakin forehead but Im sure privacy would become an issue. Atleast on the vacuum cleaner I could mount facing down and call it documenting.

I ask alot of questions before I begin. How old?, last cleaning?, What did you use to clean it with? .. etc. When something goes wrong, they seem to forget how they answered my survey .. now its a new carpet thats never been cleaned.

Ill never forget cleaning a beat up heavily soiled white-ish carpeted fam rm. I asked the old man how the carpet was cleaned last. He said his wife cleaned all the traffic areas with resolve. She called up the next day wondering why the carpet was light pink. I told her damaged by too much resolve. She says," I use resolve all the time and this never happened." I googled carpet damaged by resolve turns pink - emailed it to her and that was the end of it.

So in addition to a camera, Id love to add a listening device to myself to record these conversations. Mount these on your techs for quality control. Make sure theyre informing with a pleasant tone. I also thought of mounting a camera facing the driver to ensure no texting while driving. I wouldnt point it at their face. Theyd have to hold it high to text then chance Johnny Law seing them.

Anyone do this or atleast think about it?

Reactions: Ron Werner

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
All those sound good...but you will never succeed with them in your customer's homes. I sure wouldn't want the lowly "vacuum guys" to walk around my house with recording devices.
I highly doubt anyone will consent to that. And if you are in a two party consent state, it might be something you are going to have to ask every time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom