Video of my pump pressure issues, this ever happen to you?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
So, I posted the other day about issues I'm having with flow. Made a video(aren't these goofy phones nuts!?).

Only had time to check one filter at last job, going to check the rest tomorrow. I've sent the vid to a couple buddies, they both have had this happen. Said it was lack of water pressure from custys home.

Any advice/thoughts? How bad is this for the pump, issue just started a week or so ago and not every time.

[video=youtube;WNs-I4FOiTU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNs-I4FOiTU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
So you run straight custy hose to the feed on the front of the machine? Yea, I don't carry water.

When's the last time you descaled? Maybe, 4/5 months. Didn't seem too bad(rust) when I looked to see if water box was filling.

Happens w/wand also.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Its that pressure valve that is on the machine........or it is the orifice/filter........when you disconnect the hose from the house do you have a lot of back pressure....??

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
could be sucking air somewhere check your rinse jug hose and all hoses to pump your hoses for the chemical feed
the regulator for the pressure will make it do that also when it starts to leak

Reactions: jcooper

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Its that pressure valve that is on the machine........or it is the orifice/filter........when you disconnect the hose from the house do you have a lot of back pressure....??

I wouldn't say a crazy amount, but yes, there is back pressure. Have to open slowly...

Hey, thanks for the help guys.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I wouldn't say a crazy amount, but yes, there is back pressure. Have to open slowly...

Hey, thanks for the help guys.

I had the same problem ....... I would lose water pressure in the middle of a job....pressure hose on tank would start leaking..it was a pain..
I noticed that when I disconnected from the home I could not believe the back pressure I had...I could open the valve on my hose and shoot almost across the street...
so I figured it had to be to much pressure screwing with the machine valve...

2 things......put a shut off on the end of your hose.....shut it off before you turn off the water and disconnect.this machine does not like air pockets in the tank.......

get a pressure regulator and put it on the hose bib before the hose...get one that allows only 40 PSI into the machine...this takes the pressure off the one built into it....

your problem is not enough pressure...but in most cases to much.........and it is screwing up the pressure valve..When I slowed mine down the problem went away.......

PA020968_zps4fece518.jpg

with that being said..........check the orifice and that screen.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Saiger

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I've had a similar issue and when I pulled the little spring loaded cages out of the pump head, I saw a couple of them were cracked .. replaced them and my issue went away ..

Another time I had the pressure gauge go up and down was - when I installed a new pressure regulator I didn't remove the brass threaded piece inside the shaft

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The water on your unit I believe runs through some fins to heat the water. They are clogged. It takes quite a bit of time descaling to clean them up

gene

Reactions: Mark Saiger
Back
Top Bottom