video of sapphire running on a urine filled job

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
this was a 3500 sqft home..i advised the realtor that hired us (we do a crap load of work for her) that it just needed to be replaced..
it was really stained up yellow bad..4 small dogs that never went out..

the realtor told me the sale was contingent on a va inspector singing off on it just being livable so i was instructed to do me best..

we rinsed really heave and used cobbs powermax and chased with a crap load of peroxide..actually cleaned up pretty well

we charged 795.00 and the job took us just over 4 hrs to do..the thing that sucked was we had 3 more to do after this that were all big..long day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlIFGRXDcLg

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Andy McFadden
How was the odor after you finished? When you say chased with peroxide, do you mean just misting left over stains , or did you hose down the whole place with it?

Thanks for the video, I did one today not near as bad, but about the same size used powermax, and hit pee spots with sunshine, came out good

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Sprayed the remaining spots in each room..smell was not bad at all when we left but god only knows about tomorrow..

They didn't want anything other than a visual improvement for the inspector. I would have water clawed needed areas but I was told not to
Broke my heart lol

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
At least you forewarned them! Lol. I cannot fathom how people let pets piss on every square inch of carpet!!!

Becker

Name
Becker
I lost count of the corner gaurds.

I will say, running the larger TMs with greater CFM, I notice much less jump in the hose while working.

I older hydramaster causes a lot more hose jump while working than the 405 or thermalwave.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
hose jump =....when you put the wand on the carpet it pulls tight...lift the wand and the hose relaxes....

I get a harder hose jump with the 570 then I get with my Thermalwave........

also when I am setting up..I have to lay a extra 3 feet for the thermalwave to allow for the hose pulling back when it is first locked down to the carpet...
I lay 5 extra feet for the 570..because it will yank back harder....

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
So thats why my hose always seems to wanna head on back to the truck.

4.7 to tha V8 : )

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Oh ok. We always pull a ton of slack so we are not tight around corners. It's always loose so I guess we never feel it

I'm looking hard at the hoss. My problem is I need to add another cimex because if the commercial work picking up so much too

Becker

Name
Becker
Maybe it is the hose I'm using now.

But yes. I lay out more excess now for shrinkage once the power is employed.

I use guards where needed.

I don't pull my hoses though a house. I lay the hose wide in the corners.

Places I see I need them most are stairways. Top of stairs mostly. Front doors.

Machine looks nice Dave.
Nothing like a new machine that works better than expected.

Jerry

Supportive Member
Great video, thanks! My ss454 seems so damn loud but it is air cooled.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I know Larry Cobb wont like this but adding some dynacide to your powermax helps for surface deodorizing and cleaning I'd mix up 2 full hydroforce bottles one for upstairs one for downstairs.

Spray the hell out of it and use peroxide afterwards too.

Good job making do and helping the customer out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Able 1

Name
Keith
Great on that nasty piss filled house Dave!

BUT here's the deal..

The reason that hose flexes is because of lift(or HG on you gauge). Some hoses flex more then others and the real cheap ones even more. Not sure of your gauge but it looks to be set at 10HG with the wand on the floor, not good, if that is true you are losing all your lift or hard suck :) .. I do have a lot of respect for you Dave with all you have done down there(and plan to model parts of my biz after yours). Thing is you are getting short changed if you are running that truckmount at less then 15hg..

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
You can set your hg's where ever you like depending on the carpet, certain fiber types lock down more than others. Also with cuffs and filters its east to lose lift with leakage.

I'm sure if he ran 2 50 ft 2in hose off the truck without a glide and set it at 15 hg it would peg out at 15. That unit is probably set at 13hg from the factory.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Wow, Sam you change your HG's due to what a carpet is(better man then me I don't touch it..)

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I know Larry Cobb wont like this but adding some dynacide to your powermax helps for surface deodorizing and cleaning I'd mix up 2 full hydroforce bottles one for upstairs one for downstairs.

Spray the hell out of it and use peroxide afterwards too.

Good job making do and helping the customer out.

I would clean with the PowerMax first (oxidizer), and then spray the DynaCide.

Sold a 55 Gal. drum of DynaCide to an oriental rug cleaner the other day.

Whatever works, to get the results you want. :icon_cool:

Larry

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Wow, Sam you change your HG's due to what a carpet is(better man then me I don't touch it..)

What I meant is just because its set at 15 doesn't necessarily mean your going to peg it out there depending on all the other variables.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Sapphire had a big red tag that says the hg must not exceed 13. That's where it is set..

We get faster dry times with this than I did with the butler..deff more vac

With the wand in the floor and 150' of hose out we are dead on with maxing out recommended lift

I'm wondering where Jim has his set

The thing has a 2 year pretty solid warranty so I'm not going to push past 13 hg's till I out of warranty nd even then if I'm getting great dry times why push it..

I use the super flex hose..that may be why no jump?

However we prob run 25' more hose than really needed..I preach to the guys to stay in the middle of the room on bends and corners so there is no chance of dragging the hose..when pulling hose in or out we never get close to corners of walls..

Name
Jesse
13 is low for my taste. I've heard more isn't better (John O) but that isn't my experience.

I've been wondering about Sapphire's lift specs. Their marketing material says 16, machine instructions say 14, and now your saying a red tag says 13 WTF?

Someone who know please tell me what could I expect to go wrong running a sapphire tm at 16? Are the blowers spinning below full speed thus requiring a lower lift setting to prevent overheating of the blower? I run 16-17 on our current tm's which have Roots 56s rated to 14 with no problems

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Sapphire had a big red tag that says the hg must not exceed 13. That's where it is set..

We get faster dry times with this than I did with the butler..deff more vac

With the wand in the floor and 150' of hose out we are dead on with maxing out recommended lift

I'm wondering where Jim has his set

The thing has a 2 year pretty solid warranty so I'm not going to push past 13 hg's till I out of warranty nd even then if I'm getting great dry times why push it..

I use the super flex hose..that may be why no jump?

However we prob run 25' more hose than really needed..I preach to the guys to stay in the middle of the room on bends and corners so there is no chance of dragging the hose..when pulling hose in or out we never get close to corners of walls..

Just over 11....at 11...and even running a pimped out Hoss.......when I am done cleaning a area it is just slightly damp..........

Name
Jesse
Have you done any long hose runs at that setting Jim? Our machines are sad at less than 13 when were out 200+ and porty grade at 500ft

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
about 300 foot max...is what I have done off of this machine.....

where I hook the vacuum hose up to the machine is 2.5 inch

I run about 50 foot of 2.5 inch hose and the rest is 2 inch....

my 2.5 is broken down at 2...25 foot lengths...that way I don't have to pull it all off if I do not need to...

if I can do a job with out any 2.5 hose that I just hook the reducer up to the port....

I run about 50/50 with this machine....I will either use just my 2 inch ...or I will need to pull off 25 foot of 2.5
not to often do I use the other piece of 2.5 hose...

With this machine I can back in and get closer to the house then I can my thermalwave...

Name
Andy McFadden
I would clean with the PowerMax first (oxidizer), and then spray the DynaCide.

Sold a 55 Gal. drum of DynaCide to an oriental rug cleaner the other day.

Whatever works, to get the results you want. :icon_cool:

Larry

Sounds like a good way to do it Larry, But I have a concern about leaving a sticky residue behind with a post spray of dynacide. And will the carpets feel stiff?

For this reason, I like to add the cide to the pre spray so it gets rinsed. If my concern is unfounded then I would preference your post spray activity. please Tell me it wont leave the carpet sticky and stiff ( cause I would love to do it your way.) And I will buy some dynacide today.

stuff smells great and price is lovely

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
DD-12

Flavors !
maquqygu.jpg

: )

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam
Back