vinegar neutralizes purple pigment?

Mikey P

Administrator
Got this from a Realtor today..

Screenshot_2014-12-25-15-29-07.png

steve_64

just got a call this morning from a good customer who spilled red wine yesterday on white carpet. he has already put club soda and baking powder on it. ill see what it looks like tomorrow. ill take stain magic with me as usual.
i may try FDR and a steamer first. i got a bunch in that purchase i made recently and ive never tried it before.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I don't believe it will neutralize the color but it will dilute it to where you can't see it anymore. Steve just spray it with peroxide and ammonia when you arrive unless wool and it will be gone before you start.

Gene

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I would rinse out whatever they put on it first to neutralize as much as possible.....(less chance of another chemical reaction when you add to it)

Then, proceed with the Red Removers....

Have found more than once that someone else in the house tried something too that no one seems to mention....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I eat both, I love a good salad but its even better with chicken in there.

A good chicken Cesar, Southwest, Cajun blackened chicken or Oriental chicken salad are hard to beat. Purty yummy William! :winky:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The way they used to deal with red wine stains was shifting between alkaline and acidic and a neutral detergent.
Many times playing between the two will make the stain colorless. Not gone- colorless.
It will become blue on the alkaline side and red on the acidic side, as these are dye indicator stains.

I'm not sure if vinegar alone will do it if left to dwell. Never stuck around that long to check :winky:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
... don't help him. He can be a jerk enough all on his own. :winky:

better hope he doesn't see the TM thread where you told Steve what a great job his weak suck 'n spray Bane can do
he'll beat you 'bout the head and shoulders with his Hi-Perf sOOper porty
(that prob'ly would suck the guts out 'a bane)

:stir::arrrr:

:cool:

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Don't worry Doc...those quotes can be made to look BOTH of you real....uummmm....rainbow....?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Gene, stain magic right?
Yes it's mostly peroxide. Use it right away and then set up. I never worry about flushing out what they put down but it isn't a bad idea. We add 40 volumne to our standard prespray. It removes a huge amount of stains before we even get to them. Wouldn't clean with out it. I probably use about 8-10 gallons a month. We buy it 4 cases at a time.

Gene

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

steve_64

i prsprayed the stain with stain magic before we set up and it pretty much disappeared immediately. found what looked like vomit under the couch next to it.

i shouldve took pics but i didnt. it looked bad when we got there. what he did to it didnt help at all.

thanks for all the info everyone.
still not sure what vinegar would do though lol

Name
Steve Lawrence
just got a call this morning from a good customer who spilled red wine yesterday on white carpet. he has already put club soda and baking powder on it. ill see what it looks like tomorrow. ill take stain magic with me as usual.
i may try FDR and a steamer first. i got a bunch in that purchase i made recently and ive never tried it before.
We use OSR on synthetic carpets for wine stains with very good success even when the customer has dumped the kitchen cupboard on it. Like Mark says, rinse well first.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom