Virgin Encaper needs input

V

vegijohn

I won a bid on cleaning a large commercial office. It is in a downtown high rise so I can't use my Vortex-- Darn.
I Have to use a portable for extremely soiled areas and Encap the other areas.

This will be my first time to Encap. I am extremely skeptical of Encap but I'm keeping an opened mind. I want to keep costs down while I decide if Encap is for me.

So can I use a household type floor shampooer to Encap? If I like the results I'll invest more money later. I do have a 20 inch floor scrubber but wonder if this might be too aggressive for the carpet.

John Watson

I use my 18 inch all the time but like putting pads on it instead of the brush. Call Ricky G tomarrow in the PM, get it direct from the horses mouth, pluss he can sell you the stuff you need, or you can call John O, Shawn F. or Larry C. and they can tell you what you will need too.

Scott Rogers

if your 20" floor scrubber is a 175 or 300 rpm rotary then it will do fine. Use some white or tan vct pads and scrub in the encap in all areas, then go back over the higher traffic areas with a few Dura pads or bonnets to remove more soil.

randy

Name
Randy
There has to be someone in your area with a Whittaker CRB that you could rent for the day. Better yet buy one, they are great for prescrubbing (pulls tons of pet hair from carpet that your truck mount will not touch) prior to HWE.

Scott Rogers

i bought my 20 " GLS for 200 bucks on ebay. Love that thing. But he isnt even sure he will like Encaping. He has a rotary that will work fine.

Keep the cost down, use your rotary

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
John;

The 20" rotary will do a good job.

Like Curtis, I think the bonnet/brush combo would be great for your first big encap job.

I like the cotton/microfiber bonnets.

Larry

hogjowl

Idiot™
I humbly and affectionately disagree with the DA above. (You can tell he doesn't actually clean for a living.)

A bonnet doesn't provide the adequate agitation necessary to successfully encap clean when using a rotary machine. It's not aggressive enough and makes the cleaner rely almost solely on the chemical action. If you're going to use bonnet, then you should be using an OP machine. That's why OP machines were made ... to overcome the inadequacies of the rotary machine when shampooing.

To successfully encap. clean using an OP machine, either a brush or a floor pad should be used. The floor pad gives the best results. The best floor pads for encapsulation are the ones Excellent Supply sells.

Greenie

A brush is a lousy idea on the avg. comm carpet, go with what Marty says, the Fiber plus pads or even a red pad will do you well.

hogjowl

Idiot™
That's not always the case, Mr. Window Cleaner turned supplier.

There are different brushes for different applications. I have a soft bristle brush that works fine on commercial carpets. I don't use it much, because the floor pads work better .... smoother.

Until you have cleaned carpets for several years, just agree with me and you'll be fine.

G

Man this makes me wanna wax and buff floors; I think I am gona vomit!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom