VLM production chair cleaning ?????

Name
Nate W.
Alright, I need to learn the scoops on VLM chair cleaning. Regular synthetic fabric lightly soiled. I was thinking of using a spotting machine to hit the bad spots and the makita buffer to hit the rest. I need the break down on what you use and how you clean it with? Total chairs to be cleaned is around 600 give or take a few. I read on encapboard about people using it but not many posts come up in the search.

What has worked for you?

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I've just done two jobs in the past week by myself.

One had 161 charis and ther other just over 200.

In both cases, I was able to spot, pre spray, scrub the tops, then HWe all surfaces including inside and outside of the back, edges and seat.

10 at a time, I was doing about 50-60/hr.

If I had a helper, that would have got better. Especially get a 3 tech team to rotate on and off the tool.

I've done very few VLM cleanings for upholstery. I did trial it some time back but found it lacked on body contact areas.

John

Greenie

juniorc82 said:
I WOULD HWE ALL OF THEM IT SOUNDS LIKE USING A VLM TECHNIQUE WOULD TAKE WAY TOO LONG.

VLM will always be quicker....hard to compete with a Makita buffer.

Just get some Xerion crystals and a fine tipped sprayer, the finer the better.

8" thin one synthetic bonnet, and some heavy duty velcro from one of the OP machine gurus.

will take 8 sec. for a back. and 8 sec. for a seat....specialty spot extra, but in production commercial setting it's ahrd to egt paid for every spot, so keep some peroxide in a bottle.

Realy helps to have a helper, line em up, 10 at a time, wack em out!

Name
Nate W.
Greenie said:
juniorc82 said:
I WOULD HWE ALL OF THEM IT SOUNDS LIKE USING A VLM TECHNIQUE WOULD TAKE WAY TOO LONG.

VLM will always be quicker....hard to compete with a Makita buffer.

Just get some Xerion crystals and a fine tipped sprayer, the finer the better.

8" thin one synthetic bonnet, and some heavy duty velcro from one of the OP machine gurus.

will take 8 sec. for a back. and 8 sec. for a seat....specialty spot extra, but in production commercial setting it's ahrd to egt paid for every spot, so keep some peroxide in a bottle.

Realy helps to have a helper, line em up, 10 at a time, wack em out!

I Appreciate all the responses.

What model makita buffer and rpm do you run it at?
Will a omni sprayer with the 6501 tip work or finer then that? Pump up sprayer?

The chairs aren't movable. I'd have to clean them in place. I will most definitely have help.

Normal HWE pricing would have been $13,000 give or take a hundred. VLM pricing is almost half that. I did figure the total job would take 2 to 2 1/2 days to complete with vacuuming, spotting, and cleaning. We'll most likely get the job as it was from a good referral source.

It is mostly light soil with some small food spills on them. It's the only reason I'd even consider VLM.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom