Voice over Internet Protocol

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
How many of you people utilize this great resource ???

Phoning family or friends that are interstate or overseas can be expensive.

Using a V.O.I.P. these costs can be reduced to zero, apart from your headset, camera or whatever you choose to use,

For those that already use this system, which service provider do you use ???

What do you find to be the most common service provider in Canada & the U.S. ??

I have Firefly for in Australia and Skype for overseas.

Cheers,

Shorty.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
We recently switched our phone service to VOIP. I did not reduce costs to 0, but it is saving us money. We get our service through Qwest, I think. I don't do a lot of out of country calling. Inf act I try to stay away from the telephone at home since I am on the phone so much during work hours.

Scott Warrington

KBRENNY

I switched to vonage about 6 months ago and have not had a single problem with the service the only problem I have had is that it does not work when my high speed Internet service is down and that can suck. Call quality is good and it has some really useful features. I have two lines in my home (one for the adults and one for the kids). The only thing I have ever gotten charged extra for is information directory assistance calls but i found this cool number 1-800-free-411 to fix that. all you have to do is listen to a advertisement (less than 10 sec) and your directory assistance request is free! My bill is $56.01 total a month with all taxes and charges for 2 lines with unlimited nationwide long distance (also includes some other countries). I used to pay around $70 per line before the long distance charges!

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I have a Vonage line, but haven't been real happy with the quality. Seems to be quite a delay on a lot of calls.

KBRENNY

I am lucky because of the connection speed I have. When my Internet is working I connect at 12 to 14 mbps. In my settings I have dedicated 900kbps for each lines connection. I do agree though when my connection is slower the cal quality can be an issue.

G

I just fired Vonage! The service wasn't as spectacular as I thought it was going to be. At times at I'd the other party fine, but they'd hear what seemed to be like a fax machine, echo, or distortion.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Shawn, I had the same thing until I went into my settings for my speakers and changed things around.

Cheers,

Shorty.

DannyD

I now have Vonage. It's got a few glitches but all in all well worth it. Every now & then I'll hear an echo or something. For $25/month vs. what used to be in the hundreds, I'll take it.

Before Vonage I used to have another VOIP. Can't recall the company but it's the one Steve Tyler from Aerosmith advertised for. That one flippin blew chunks. Friends kept telling me how bad I sounded, so I called my house just to see how bad. It sounded like the teacher from Charlie Brown.

All in all I'm happy w/ my VOIP. Now if only my friggen cell phone would work more than 50% of the time I'd be all set.

Take care,
Danny

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom